Finding Fossils and Team Rocket?

Its been a while I know. I've been away and unable to really write. And although I haven't uploaded much No Return has hit 6000 reads and The Return has hit 1500 reads while this story is 

"Pewter City," Chloe said, "I heard there's a Pokémon gym here and a museum." "It doesn't matter, I've already fought the leader," Ash said. "You knew him," Goh asked. "I traveled with him for nearly 3 years," Ash said, "it doesn't matter. He's probably dead now." "It can't hurt to look for him," Chloe said, "do you know where we could find him?" "At the Pewter City Gym," Ash said, "its not worth looking for him. I killed people, he never forgave me even though it was kinda his fault." "How is you killing people kinda his fault," Goh asked. "He betrayed me, abandoned me for something I didn't do," Ash said. "So you killed people," Chloe said. "I was in a different place back then," Ash said, "a dark place, which brought me to Team Rocket." None of them knew, right there, that the circle would start all over again.

"Pewter digging site," Chloe said, "this is the place that my dad said he wanted us to go." "This place is new," Ash noted, "last time I was here, this wasn't here." "When were you here last," Goh asked. "3 years ago," Ash said. "3 years is a long time," Chloe said. "It feels like yesterday when I lost everything," Ash said, "time is nothing to me."

"Here's your equipment," the woman at the front desk, "enjoy." Without sparing the woman a second glance, Goh and Chloe picked up their equipment. Ash leaned over the counter where the woman stood. "If you're trying to hide, you're doing a really bad job at Emily," Ash said, "I have a gun in my jacket. Don't make me pull it out." "We're in public," Emily said, "you're not going to pull a gun on me with all these people around." "Why don't you join your friends before I call security for sexual harassment." Ash reluctantly walked off.

Ash didn't tell Goh and Chloe. It was only going to scare them. So Ash pulled out a chisel and hammer and started digging. Eevee and Pikachu were laying on a rock to the side. He was vaguely aware of Goh and Chloe digging off to the side. It started to get dark so Ash handed his equipment back in. He came to learn that Goh had found an Old Amber and the Man who ran the dig site offered to recover it for them. Which meant they were staying overnight. "This machine will work overnight, by tomorrow morning the fossil should be restored," the man said before pressing a few buttons. The machine began to make a soft humming noise before a laser shot into the Old Amber. "There's a spare room down the hall, to the left, that's where you're staying," the man said before walking out of the room.

As Ash sat on the bed, he began his before-bed ritual. Chloe and Goh were brushing their teeth and Ash began to speak. He pulled out a photo. A photo that Crystal had given him last time they had seen each other. It was the Kanto to Hoenn Pokedex holders. Ruby and Sapphire were on the far left, Ruby has his arms wrapped around Sapphire's waist. Next to them was Yellow and Red. Yellow was holding a baby. Gary. It was Gary. Yellow was leaning against Red as he stood casually. Next to them was Green, who was smiling slightly. Then it was Silver who was looking to the side making the baby that Blue was holding laugh. That was Leaf. Finally, to the far right was Gold and Crystal. Gold has an arm around Crystal's shoulders while she was holding a baby. She was also heavily pregnant. Emerald was there as well crouched on the floor in front of Crystal. The baby Crystal was holding was Ash. The date on the back said July 10th 2007. Ash was 2 months old in that photo. "I'm sorry for failing to fufil my duties as a Pokedex holder. I'm sorry for all the people I've killed. I'm sorry for not saving you," Ash said, "I'm sorry for not being good enough."

"Do you hear that," Goh asked at the middle of the night. "No," Chloe said groggily, "its 2am, go back to sleep." On queue there was a large banging noise. "I'm gonna go check it out," Goh said, Chloe followed. Ash sighed before rolling out of bed and grabbing his jacket.