Chapter 2: Pyramid

It was my first day on the junior elite competition team. It was also my first day of the pyramid. I was so nervous. Knowing her I was probably going to be on the pyramid too. I was probably the last person on the last row. My fingers were trembling and my hands were sweating vigorously. I was so nervous but so excited. I wore my best blue dance top with a pair of plain gray dance shorts. Hopefully this would go smoothly.

I waited outside the studio door waiting for Abby to welcome me in. I could here her through the door, "Girls, this week we will be having a guest. Her name is Kayla and she has already been dancing at the ALDC for six months now doing private lessons and various classes. Kayla come on in here."

That was my cue. I took a deep breath and opened the door. My mom was right behind me as I stepped on to the studio floor feeling a little bit overwhelmed. Maddie, Kendall, Kalani, Kenzie, Nia, and Jojo stood in front of me along with their moms. There was the camera guy in the corner. I forgot I was going to be on TV.

 "Hi." I said. Miss Abby smiled and so did Holly and Melissa. I ran over to Kenzie and stood next to her. Kenzie hugged me because we already knew each other from the many classes we had taken together before.

"Welcome Kayla," Abby said to the whole group. "And now for pyramid." My smile turned into a frown. I was so nervous. "First on the pyramid, Kalani." What? I must be next. "Next, Kendall." Maybe I'm not on the pyramid. "Next we have Kenzie." Okay, this is weird, I have to be on they pyramid because there are two people on the second row with three people left here.

"Next is Jojo." What? I have to be second because Maddie never gets second on the pyramid. "Next we have Kayla. Kayla you are here because you have worked so hard the past six months to get on this team. And the top of the pyramid is Maddie." Some of the other moms looked a little bit annoyed that I was second on the pyramid, but I was going to have to put this aside and keep on going.