Chapter 3: A solo?

"Okay. Let's get started with the dances this week." Miss Abby said. I was super nervous. What if the dance are too hard for me? I can't do simple things like pulling my leg up over my head, or even pull my knee to my ear straight! 

"This week we have one group dance, two solos, and a duet. The group dance is called 'Broken'. It is about a girl doing a trick that she has been learning for a while and can finally do it. When she does her second attempt to show her parents, she breaks her leg and it goes on from there." Abby tells us.

"Oohhh." All the moms say. I was excited for this dance. Hopefully I will get a part with no tricks involved.

"The lead in that dance will be Kayla." Mackenzie and Kendall hugged me. Why was I the lead? I can't do any tricks at all!

"The first solo will go to Kendall. It is a tap solo which is because you have been taking tap classes lately. It is called 'Leaving On The Train'. The second solo is going to..." Please don't be me, please don't be me, I chanted in my head. "Kayla." Dang it. "You are doing a contemporary solo called 'Learning To Dance.'" Okay, this isn't terrible. Contemporary is my best form of dance and a song called 'Learning To Dance' must not be too hard. 

"And our duet is going to Kayla and Maddie." She continues. Maddie and I hugged. I can't believe I was getting the chance to dance with Maddie Ziegler. But how am I going to be able to keep up? "The dance will be called 'Abuse'. Maddie will be the child getting abused and Kayla will be the mother abusing the child." That doesn't sound too hard. I'm probably just hitting her with a stick or something. 

"Kayla, you will be given a ruler as a prop. Now girls, this is a very mature dark song. I need you girls to show me that you can do this. Kayla, you have lots of choreography this week. I need you to show me you can handle this." She finishes.

"Yes Miss Abby, I know I can handle it." But I knew this was going to be a tough week.