Chapter 16: I lost

Authors note:
Thank you so much for over 100 reads. it means so much to me. please give my suggestions and feedback for this book in the comments. I want to write what you want to read. also please recommend this book to your other friends. thanks and enjoy this chapter!

*KAYLAS POV*
Sense we were the last group dance to go we exited the stage and the got back on for awards. we sat there for a little while while the rest of our team and the other teams loaded the stage. once everybody was there the announcer started announcing the duets and trios.
"Ok and now for solos" I prayed in my head to at least come I'm second. "In third place, we have Kendall with white flag" we all clapped while Kendall went and received her award. I was happy for her.

*MADDIES POV*
They had just announced Kendall as third place. of course she was. I was suprised she even placed. she is so bad.
"In second place..." The announcer said. I zoned off because I knew it was some other loser. "we have Maddie with take on the world" when I heard my name I gasped. I lost??? There must have been a mistake. but once they announce you it's over. I lost. but I couldn't have lost to Kayla. Right?

*KAYLAS POV*
Maddie just lost! I can't believe it. and I didn't place Kalani saw my face and new what I was think and hugged me. Kenzie joined in to. I loved to listen to who won what so I listened to first place to see some completion of mine.
"In first place we have Kayla with can't blame a girl for trying!" WHAT??? I just beat Maddie Ziegler a pro dancer? There must have been a mistake. I ran up and grabbed my trophy grinning ear to ear with Maddie glaring at me. I didn't care though. I just beat her.

*MADDIES POV*
Kayla just beat me! This is an outrage. I'm done. there is definitely a mistake. I mean I love Kayla! She's such a nice friend but let's face the facts she could never beat me. and know one is going to hire me knowing I lost to her. We all sat down and they started announcing the group dances.
"In third place we have electricity from studio blue. in second place we have America from studio 8" we all sighed in relief. "and in first place we have safe and sound from the Abby lee dance company!" We all ran up and got our award and then they started to announce small groups.

*KAYLAS POV*
We had just won bug group first place and now they were announcing small group awards.
"In second place we have loving life from the Hartford dance center. and in first place with a perfect 400/400 the highest score of the night... we'll be the stars from the Abby lee dance company!" me Kalani Maddie and Kenzie ran up to get the award. we were so proud. "is there anything you would like to say?" The mc asked us.
"Yes. we would like to thank Sabrina Carpenter for sponsoring us this week" me and Maddie said into the microphone. even though she was mad at me she hugged me and we sat back down while they announced the rest of the awards.