Chapter 10: Awards

I have never been so nervous in my life. it's awards time. I'm biting my nails tapping my foot I just can't sit still. I see everybody dancing on the stage and in the audience and I am just standing there horrified. we all start to settle down so we get on the ground and hold hands.
"First we will announce the winners for trio and duets" the announcer says. me and Maddie look at eachother. she nods so I know she has faith in us.
"Third place... Magic from studio 19. Second place believing in us from the studio of wisdom" I start to jitter. could we possibly win first place? "And first place... Abuse from the Abby lee dance company!" I hear all the cheering from the crowd then stand up and hug maddie. we run over to the announcer to get our trophies. I have never felt so special. "what are your names?"
"Maddie"
"Kayla"
"Who is your choreographer?"
"Miss Abby lee miller!" We yell into the microphone. everyone claps and I feel so good inside.
"Now for the solo awards"
I hold Kalani and Nias hand. I pray in my head to beat kendall. I have to show Abby I am better then she thinks so she doesn't have to give me special treatment.
"Fourth place goes to leaving on a train" that's kendall. she stand but and gets her medal. I feel so bad. fourth place? Abby will be mad. they pass third and second place while I think in my head. next thing I know they are announcing first place.
"Our first place soloist with the hugest score of the whole competition this evening goes to learning to dance from the Abby lee dance company!" I won! I got the highest score of the night too! What could be better. I get my trophie stand up for a minute then sit back down with kendall. I was so excited.
"Now for group awards" they go through the top ten and then she announce first.
" First place goes it the Abby lee dace company with broken!!" We all stand up and cheer holding hands. what a night! I won first place for everything!