Chapter 8: The dressing room

As we loaded off the bus, there were thousands of screaming fans cheering for us- the ALDC. It was such an amazing feeling. People were even cheering my name! I don't know how they even knew me. probably from Instagram posts. as we all dozed off looking into the crowds of screaming fans, Abby yelled at us to hurry up.

We walked into the dressing room which I was so excited to seek I have never had a dressing room before. Me and my mom sat down at our mirror and table. I loved the mirror with all the bulb lights around it. i wish I had one my room.
"Okay girls. anyone who is in a solo do your solo costume first. if you are in a duet you will be getting in that costume either first or second and anyone who doesn't have a solo or a duet get in the group costume and makeup. Gia will be coming to the solos right now to help with any makeup. I will be looking through the program and evaluating certain people." wow. Miss Abby give a lot of directions.
"I will go change into my costume mom" I tell her while she gets out the makeup.
"Actually Kayla we do makeup first and them costumes." Kalani tells me. looks like she is really looking out for me today.
"Oh ok!"
"do you want help with your makeup? I saw Abby do the demonstration on the bus so I know her to do it. and then I can do your hair"
"Ok! Thanks so much!"
"No problem. I'm only in the group so I have time."
I start to do my lipstick and blush while Kalani does my hair. Then she will help me with my eye shadow.
"Ok. your hair is done!"
"It looks great Kalani! Thanks so much! Can you help with my eye shadow now?"
"Of course" while Kalani does my eye shadow I see some other girls drawing fake abs on their stomachs. do I have to do that?
"Hey kalani. do I have to draw myself fake abs?"
"Yep. anybody that has a costume where their stomach is showing has to"
"Can you help me with that too?"
"Sure!" Kalani finishes my eye shadow and it looks amazing. then we do my abs which literally took five seconds. super easy. I go behind the curtain with Kendall so we can get our solo costumes on. here looks amaizng. it is a royal blue with silver sparkles all over. I love it. mine is gray tip with purple flowers along the trim on the left side of it. I have gray booty shorts with silver sparkles all over in an ombré effect. I think it's amazing.
"Solos come on its time to go!" That's our que. we run out from behind the curtain and into the stage.