8

Sighing heavily at the noisy phone call that woke her from a much need sleep, liz rolled her greyish blue eyes at her sister ranting like always she wanted money for God knows what, running her hand in her hairs massaging her skull like she was on the verge of losing her mind, she cleared her mind before talking.

"Look Anael, I don't know what you want me to say." That came out more like a sigh that something else.

"What, what do I want you to say?!? My child..." Growling at her as always her big sister retaliated wanting to have her way like always.

"You know what...? I DON'T have money to give you. I don't know... Find it elsewhere or it wasn't the time for her to do that."

A furious growl escaped through the phone the only effect it had was another eyes roll from Liz while Riley was urging her from the inside to be nice, shaking her head she closed her eyes taking in the wonderful scent spread in the bedroom, it was so out of the world to be surrounded by all of it that for a moment she let go.

Nice she had been all her life, nice even when it was at her expense, nice making her sister take it whenever her helping side will have her doing shity thing just to be nice.  Nice when it was her fault. Nice being the bigger one when she was the younger, nice when insulted. Nice knowing she was being talking to behind her back. Nice, Nice Nice !

She had enough of it. Enough of helping people who only know how to walk on her every chance they get, people whose only purpose was to take take and take again never refraining on insulting her not short after forgetting what she just did, belittling her or taking they frustration of life on her. She had been patient, but she couldn't anymore not when it was at the verge of eating her all.

Losing her sanity so many times she couldn't count anymore, thinking 'no I'm a good person, I have to see through it and walk pass it' and dang! No surprise the same thing unfolded again and again.

Then she had to think at some point 'What life is trying to teach me? Why do I fight that much to keep something that wanted to pull out of my life? Why do I do that to myself? If someone clearly don't care, why do I fight so hard to get repeatedly hurt?'

It made no sense though. She had a vision of life so different of those around her, it was like an only star in a black sky giving some sort of hope that all wasn't just made out of someone mind to be thrown on as a reverie only destined to TV shows.

She was real, genuine so out of characters that it was life changing so she couldn't comprehend what pushed people to treat her like that. It wasn't that she had a great ego maybe but that was Riley job to boost her, it took time to see and mend with who she really was but she got there and ran away.

She didn't want to be use anymore she wanted to be love, she wanted someone to look at her with pride and joy, show her she counted, she was a human too. She did that to others why couldn't she have that too.

She was the kind to always remember a birthday, people knew she was the only one who would never forget, they affirmed as her brother told her someday "Everyone can forget but you? Nah!"

Did she enjoyed being told that, no it showed one thing cleared as day. They were confortable in her presence, once she read somewhere "don't let anyone take you for granted"  which was the story of her life she never thought it was so real now that her sister seemed to have totally forgotten whatever she ever did to her.

That quote means they will do nothing for you those people you kept helping, you are as important for them as the sky that is above every one head or the sun which warmth is welcome when it's cold and a nuisance when it's too hot.

You lightened theirs days or whatever they wish for when it is convenient for them. Like the nature which make one smile when they felt good then you are all forgotten as they set their mind on something else. You are as important as the moon for romantic dinners, they don't happen everyday, but everyone like the feeling it convey weither in reality or in dream.

That day she gave her brother his gift she cried afterwards, and did again when as it was always the case they did it again everyone much in theirs 'problem' forgot her birthday, remembering it when she would bounce back in the afternoon with bags full of gifts, she bought herself give to everyone, there you will hear "oh" "ah"
"Only you do that" or "God bless you"??

The latter she would swallowed like a hard pill, having her inner self Riley told her to wrap it all out of herself and carried on with her life because The Universe did indeed blessed her it did every second of her life she wouldn't know how to do without this big nothingness she always admired. For some it may be special gift or abilities for her it was that.

Then smiling even though still hoping someone would showed that they thought about her a tiny little bit, she would said her thanks to theirs praise making them feel at ease with themselves and that was it.

Her heart felt tired of waiting something that was never meant to be, she may have a joyful side but no one knew it was built out of sadness and hurt. That was her, she decided to take her life in hand and be that person she desperately waited to care for her. She had always been so. She was tired to be forgotten, she knew everybody need to be love for real at some point of their life to not lose it, if it was meant to be by herself then be it.

"DO YOU EVEN LISTEN TO ME!? Bullshit Lizandra, you are so mean! How am I supposed to do with Marla now? You only think about yourself. You're so egois..."

Startled by her sister voice that brought her back in the reality, Liz sighed removing the thing near her ear to look at it for a moment pondering on the reaction she should have. Then brought it back to her ear feeling all sort of thing gentleness not a part of them.

"UNBELIEVABLE!... Okay, look, I'm not about to do this over the phone, I move out for a reason!" After bringing it back to her ear she countered tiredness spreading all over her body to think she didn't even asked how she was doing.

The guilt trip bander kept going in the phone background, as Liz pulled her cell phone away from her ear again rolling her eyes it could go like that all the day untill she got her way then she would even forgot it was her who called her.

she was already calling everyone attention at how filthily not good she was, how terrible and what not, Liz knew their parents had to be there not saying a thing even though they knew it was all false no one corrected her.

"You're so means. So Marla will not be able to do her piano course this summer while you have money and refuse to lend me some!? I will give it back to you ! Which kind of human are you!? "

"Okay... I have enough of you! You are like a bad dream! I said I don't have money to give you!! Which part of that did you not understood?! How much do you own me already? Huhh? Everytime you will tell me the same thing... I will give it back tomorrow or next week or whatever passed by you head! If there is someone mean it is you. Get over it and grow! I'm not you children father. I'm not working harder for you to use me! Who are you my bank account? Which kind of big sister are you!? Seriously!"

Just like that she hung up doing her best to not throw her phone around the room, she didn't had patience anymore but didn't also wanted to explain the shattered pieces around the neatly out of human universe bedroom she was in to its owner who could come in at any minute, plus buying an Android phone cost a lot for her budget.

Though she was tempted she settled to place it near her on the bed, closed her eyes tightly trying her best to steady her trembling lips, it was so nerves wrecking she felt like crying and screaming at the same time.

Astonished at what was said a small gasps fussed from the other part of the door that she didn't heard though being like she was infuriated at the moment to even care, even the beauty of the place couldn't stopped how she felt dejected to be call 'means'? Her! out of all the human being she knew was called mean by the specialist of it. Shaking her head she chuckled dryly.