21

" I suppose it is you I have too thanks for all the support that keep us going with dignity in this crumpling world. Uh?" With a direct stare Mrs Oreon frankly asked Peyton, in fact she was just stating a fact, not thinking else.

Life have been rough lately which was surprising for no one. Everything was expensive. The consequences on people was terrible to witness. Especially around their neighborhood.

A good thing they had built a solid fence to prevent them from the robberies and desolation frequently performed around at the beginning of the crisis or the depression people felt in.

They lived in a descent neighborhood which had transformed in a modern complex habitation, one where all was tall and glasses. People sold their houses for small amounts of money that could help them start a life in theirs villages where it was easier. Meaning less expensive.

Mrs Oreon had seen people she was friends with for decades departed one by one, one crisis after the other that kept perturbating the world. Now it was the economy crisis, lack of day to day supplies. It was a mess squeezing life out of people.

Liz had started sending more and more foods, monthly payments afterwards on her Orange Money account to avoid the drastic bank taxation that cut a huge amount of it, if it was on her account. It was a really saving hand, a breath of fresh air for someone on the verge of giving up. She could lived in the middle of this knowing she would have to see tomorrow without any pain, at least physically. Emotional you just get stronger with time.

She remembered one day two years ago when everything has started to change in the neighborhood. People send by Liz came in her house one stressful day with paints to redo the house with the mayor new color. White. Oil painting, they had precisely added on the national TV channels. No need to be a genius to know the thing cost more than people could afford.

Whomever did not respect it sanctions were to follow. He wanted all that part of the town look completely modern. Their house being one of the last family one seemed to be off the 'Paradise Valley' scene they had named the place.

For weeks the mayor people had started bugging them to sell or do as it was asked. They had even implied they could get expelled after nine months of not doing it. Because their house did not fit their standards. Seriously!

With Sawyer help, in one day the large fence, the gates and the outside walls of the house were shining white, shutting the mouths of all the people that was mocking them for wanting to stay in an area that was too hight for them.

When they had lived there before it all changed! Humans she always say have various scales of wickedness in them that was revealed through hard times. Before? You just do not know them. Problems arise? That is when you see who really stand on your side. Family include.

Smiling at the woman that looked at her with uncertainty but nonetheless engaging, Mrs Oreon had some moment of doubts thinking that maybe it all came from her daughter. That would have mean she had found a work that pay good money in those rough times they lived in, could that be? For what she send was Very good money.

Winning the lottery was unprovable, Liz never played it, which left the woman she was married to. She looked like someone that was born with a diamond spoon in her mouth. Not that it meant something but it was what it was, she at least had a good heart.

Seeing the gear going wild in her mother in law brain, Peyton's smile widened to stop it nodding, breathing in relief Mrs Oreon turned to look at the groundnuts that was too out of their budget. Sighing on the price while her mind kept thinking about the situation she was in. Yes, this situation was something she would normally not accept.