Chapter 39: One Hell Of a Team

The team of four is now set up in an adjacent cavern. Allowing them the liberty of not having to whisper for their safety. They huddle around a large rock that resembles a table, a crude map of the cavern the horde was occupying was set on the stone.

Ace: "So what's the plan then?"

Nero: "Alright, the plan is a pretty simple one. Pyrrha and Falke will take on the brunt of the force while you and I will cover them from above since we can shoot from long range." The other three are entirely dumbstruck.

Pyrrha: "Not to be that person, Nero. But that was a horrible plan."

Falke: "Now I know you haven't died before, and you wanna be just like Pyrrha and me, but here's a little tidbit. It sucks, and I'm not planning on doing it again."

Nero: "Hear me out. That was just the basis of the plan, and there's obviously going to be a bit more fine-tuning. Alright, let's start with Falke and Pyrrha; this entryway here is just wide enough to funnel them through and give you both enough room to fight comfortably. The small ledges on the back wall are small enough and give enough of a vantage point so me and Ace can cover both of you. Our job's going to be to take out any of the stragglers that try to flee the cave or any Grimm that might be able to fly, herding them into the grinder that is these two."

Ace: "Huh. Now that he explained it. It's not that bat-shit insane as before. It is only just insane."

Falke: "I guess that's the best we're going to get. You see any problems with this?"

Pyrrha: "I guess that'll have to do."

It takes a total of 30 minutes for the group to head to their positions, mostly Falke and Pyrrha sneaking their way to the designated choke point. Once reaching the point without drawing any attention to themselves, they ready themselves for the long fight.

Pyrrha: "How about we make a little bet. If I kill more than you, then you have to buy me dinner."

Falke: "Pyrrha. I already buy you dinner."

Pyrrha: "Alright, then how about the next mission we go on, you have to go shirtless."

Falke: "Okay. Since we're going that route, if I win, you have to go a whole day 'commando~'." Pyrrha's cheeks were flaring up red.

Pyrrha: "W-what? N-no w-way."

Falke: "Then it looks like the deals off."

Pyrrha: "...fine."

Falke: "Don't worry. I'll go easy on you." Kissing her forehead as her face returns to that of a smile.

The two of them head to the opening of the tunnel into the large chamber. Looking up, they see Nero and Ace in their positions, Nero shooting them a thumbs up. Falke looking at Pyrrha shrugs as he turns towards the large horde currently sleeping and lets out a high-pitched whistle. Many of the horde shoot up from their sleep and turn towards the two of them in anger.

Falke: "Well! You just going to stand there, or are you going to kill us?!"

The horde charges at the two of them, the narrow tunnel was funneling them, turning the hundred they were going to face into at least 5 or 6 at a time. The two begin cutting through the Grimm like swiss cheese as Pyrrha uses Heart-piercer combined with her summoned spears to do quick work of those she faced. On the other hand, Falke is slicing Grimm in two with each slash of the Yamato, at times cutting 2 in one slash as they continue to fight. They hear the gunfire from both Ace and Nero. As more of the horde begins to awaken and move to attack the two of them, they begin to get pushed further and further back.