Kabanata 14

Thirsty

Shit.

This is not good.

Why does my heart beats so fast?

Baka nasobrahan lang ako ng kape kanina?

Tama, nasobrahan nga ako ng kape kanina.

Sa kape lang 'to.

I instantly smelled his manly perfume when he's walking slowly towards me.

Bakit siya nandito?

He shouldn't be here. We are over. We shouldn't be this close.

Zone's watching me closely in his dirty white dress shirt paired with his khaki pants. Naka-unbutton ang dalawang butones ng kanyang top kaya kitang-kita ko ang malapad at matigas niyang dibdib na sumisilip, sa ibabaw ay nakalagay ang isang gold cross pendant.

He's wearing a gold necklace now paired with his gold cartier watch na sinuot niya rin last week sa meeting namin.

"Why do you look nervous?"

My eyes widened at his question but I immediately darted my eyes at him.

"No, I'm not!" I said and rolled my eyes at him.

"Happy birthday, Era!" Nagulat ako nang yakapin ako bigla ni Zei Mitchelle even though we are not that close, "Oh, I'm sorry if I startled you. I just wanna be close to you without any family member of ours getting offended," she said and chuckled.

"Happy birthday, Sierra," his deep voice resonated in my system. I just glanced at his lips because I might look away if I look him in his eyes.

Nalilito kong tiningnan ang mag-kapatid kung bakit sila nandito.

"We are having double dates!" Kuya happily said and dropped his left arm unto my shoulders, "Zei planned all of these and she just wanna let Zone be friends with you because...your siblings fell hard for the Vergaras," kuya whispered the last statement but Zone and Zei still heard it, Zone just smirked and Zei chuckled gracefully.

"I know Zone and I are not close to you and our families are rivals but is it really necessary for us to fight even if our families have their own issues and we, the children want peace?" Zei looked at me with her pretty eyes.

Zone and Zei have the same nose. Zei is very pretty, has a short hair and a porcelain skin while her two brothers are both moreno. She has freckles on her cheeks and nose  but she's flawless and has a bubbly personality.

Siya yung tipong makakasalamuha mo agad.

I don't see her often since she studies abroad and tuwing summer lang yata umuuwi.

And now, she's dating my brother. I hope she's gonna be okay.

"And we're not gonna do double dates..." Pinanlakihan niya ng mata si kuya, "if you're uncomfortable with that...Reno and I are dating and I hope you're okay with it?" She asked like she's asking for my permission to date my brother.

"It's okay but I'm worried for you," I said.

"Why?"

"My brother's crazy–"

"Era!" Kuya groaned and pushed me sa garden kaya narinig kong tumawa na lang ang dalawang mag-kapatid sa aming likuran.

"Your plate is too big for your food. Sana pala kumuha ka na lang ng platito,"

"This is too much for me, kuya," I said.

"Just let her be, reno. It's her birthday naman eh," depensa sa akin ni Zei kaya I just smiled at her.