Kabanata 26

Rival

"Malapit na akong mawalan ng trabaho dahil sa'yo, samson,"

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I think I wanna stop eating right now.

Pilit kong nilunok ang mga pagkain sa lalamunan ko at nag-kunwaring walang naririnig.

"Don't worry too much, estrella. Kapag ako'y na-elect ulit bilang senador, bibilhin natin ng triple ang mga stocks sa Bedonia's," Dad confidently said and continued eating.

"Are you sure you're gonna win this time?" Napatingin kami ni dad kay mommy estrella, "At ano ang igagasto mo diyan sa pangangampanya mo? Instead of spending all your fortune to your campaign, why not spend it to pay all of your debts?"

"Estrella!" I stopped eating because of shock when dad smashed the table and stood up, "Do you want me to lose my position? Hindi mo ba alam na may kapangyarihan ang umupo sa politika?"

"Ayun naman pala, may kapangyarihan pero bakit nalulubog tayo sa utang?!" Hindi na natapos ni mommy estrella ang pagkain niya dahil agad siyang tumalikod sa amin at umalis.

"Sierra, dodoblehin ko ang mga bodyguards mo simula ngayon lalo na't malapit na ang eleksiyon. Be more alert sa surroundings mo and huwag ka nang sumali sa mga kompetisyon na iyan,"

"Dad, hindi naman masiyadong malaki yung impact ng pagka-katumba ko. Tingnan mo after 2 weeks, natanggal na yung cast ko-"

"No competitions anymore, era. I granted all your wishes and now, follow mine,"

I clenched my teeth at what he said.

Really?

When in fact, I have been following his orders my entire life! Well, except for...zone.

"Hey, bitches..." I greeted my friends before sitting. I was fixing my things when I noticed them staring at me, "What?"

"It's a bad decision that you called Rafa," Byron said and fanned himself.

"I know but you don't have to put it on my face," I said and rolled my eyes at them.

Just hearing his name ruins my mood.

I just forgot about that one. May isa pa pala akong poproblemahin.

"Look, nag-post ang VCU page na may volleyball game after class ang juniors and seniors' team," pinakita ni corynn sa akin ang phone niya.

"And so?" How does that concern me? Edi mag-laro sila kung gusto nila.

"It says here that the VB captain for the junior team is Zone and the senior team is Rafael,"

I closed my eyes and clenched my fist.

That jerk is at it again.

Anong gusto niyang i-prove through playing volleyball? Ang yabang niya talaga!

I don't even know why he came home in the first place when in fact graduating na siya sa states and I didn't forced him to go with me on that day sa café...

Timing lang talaga na kakauwi niya galing abroad at ki-nontact pa ako sa number ko na eventually, blinock ko din after our first encounter.

That jerk always has his ways. Ilang beses ko nang blinock ang number niya at ilang beses na rin niya itong nahahanap. Hindi ko lang mapalitan ang number ko dahil nakalagay ito sa university ko at ito ang palagi kong ginagamit.

"Sierra," I looked at him and let him see that I am really annoyed at him. I don't wanna do something with him anymore.

"Do you hear something?" I asked byron and corynn but the jerk pulled my wrist as I tried to walk away from him.

"I thought we're okay now? You weren't answering my calls. You blocked me again," I glared at him but I immediately put on a smile when I saw Zone walking towards our direction.

Kahit labag sa kalooban ko ay agad kong hinila ang braso ni Rafa at isinandal ang ulo ko habang nag-lalakad na palayo.

"Oh, you're still clingy, I like it," I want to throw up at his face but I'm doing this to persuade Zone that I'm really over him already.

I eyed his direction when he walked past us and I immediately unclung myself from Rafa when zone is already out of my sight.

"You know..." I looked Rafa at his eyes and pointed my finger at him, "Fuck off,"

I still have to study Business Law but here I am, watching a volleyball game.

"I heard Rafa went back here to win Era again," Byron and I looked at each other when we heard a girl at our back.

In all of the places, why does it have to be on our back?

"Really? But he left her years ago. You did see how she changed drastically,right? From being a soft and sweet girl to being the bad bitch of the VCU now,"

I held Byron's wrist and assured him that it's okay.

What the girl said was right after all.

"We cannot blame her, you know? Pain changes you after all,"

I sighed deeply. That old sierra is dead. I killed her. I can never bring her back. NEVER.

"I just hoped Era wouldn't fall for Rafael again. He's a jerk. If I were her, I'd choose zone," and they both chuckled.

"But zone has Nathalie and he's pursuing her now..."

"Don't worry, I won't fall for that jerk again," I faced the two and their eyes were wide open as they saw me...

"Era-"

"And nathalie can suck Zone's dick all she wants 'cause I won't choose between the two. Why choose between the two when I have a wide variety of choices better than them?" I flipped my hair and walked past them to prevent my hands from causing more scenes.

"Let's just go home?" Byron suggested.

"No! I won't let those girls and those bastards ruin my day,"

Wala namang malaking event pero marami pa ring tao ang nasa stadium na gustong manuod ng laro.

Zone's team has 10 points while Rafa's team has 5 points.

The crowd roared when the spiker at Rafa's team spiked the ball too much and it went out so Zone's team earned a point.

Zone served the ball and it accidentally hit Rafa's face. Zone's team cheered and they earned a point but then Rafa chased the ball, went to the other court and tried to throw the ball at zone's face but he failed.

Zone tossed the ball at Rafa's chest and it hit.

Aw, that hurt but he deserved it.

We all saw that it was an accident but here he acts like a baby.

Rafa pushed Zone's chest and that's when I stood up because it was alarming.

They can't fight in front of so many people.

Some of their team mates went to them and tried to stop them but Zone punched Rafa's face.

The crowd screamed and all of their members tried to pull them out of the fight.

Oh my gosh.

This is chaos.

---

Sorry for the slow update. Na-busy lang sa Midterms but now tapos na :)) Thank you for still reading up to this chapter. There's still more and I hope you're still with me until the end❤️