Kabanata 39

Bruised

"Next week na ang final race and guess what? Nakapasok ako!" I forced myself to smile for kuya. I am indeed happy for him that he's pursuing his dream now but gulong-gulo ang isipan ko ngayon. Wala akong mapag-sabihan sa sitwasyon ko. Baka hindi naman yata ako buntis. That isn't possible. He pulled it out before he cummed. Maybe I am just stressed.

Yes, I am stressed. This is due to stress.

"Era, ayos ka lang ba?" He sighed as he neared his face to his phone, "I know I shouldn't be really happy right now when riri's in a matter of a life and death situation. She'll get through this okay? I know her. Once I finish the race, win or lose, I'll come home immediately, hm?" We ended the videocall after an hour of talking and such. Hindi ko rin naman masabi kay kuya ang mga nararamdaman ko dahil alam kong mas grabe pa yun kay ate kung mag-alala.

I was worried to death when we saw ate's machine beeped into a continued line. We thought we'll lose her there but she's a brave woman. She can do this. She'll wake up and I'll see her reading her favorite novel over and over again.

"Gerovick Vergara has been coming here and you didn't tell me?" I looked at dad and the wrinkles on his face are very evident now. But it triples now that he's angry at me again, "From now on, you'll go home and you won't come here again until Riri is healed,"

"Dad, that's too much!" I stood up and bravely faced my dad, "She's my sister! And Kuya Gerovick is her boyfriend. Why can't you accept that? Just because he's a Vergara?"

"Yes! And look what his younger brother did to you!" I fisted my hands as dad mentioned it again, "He ruined your life! You can never go to any university again. You are a disgrace to this family!" I didn't know my tears was falling as I held my cheeks. We are at the hallway and I was aware of their stares around us.

Hindi ko alam na mas may ika-guguho pa pala ang mundo ko nang makita ko ang dalawang pulang linya sa aking pregnancy test.

Kumuha pa ulit ako ng isa, hanggang sa ika-limang take ko na pero ganun pa rin.

I ruffled my hair as I threw all of my pregnancy tests. I sobbed quietly as there were some people coming in and out of the rest room. But eventually, I can't help to sob loudly inside the cubicle I was in.

After an hour or two, as I calmed myself, I decided not to tell anyone about this. Maybe, I'll tell kuya if pupunta na akong Germany.

As I unlock the cubicle's door, Mommy Estrella was there holding one of my pregnancy tests and the look on her face tells me that I am doomed.

I immediately got my PT away from her and slid it into my pocket. I thought I got all of them earlier but I was wrong. Why do I keep making mistakes?

"You'll go to Germany as soon as you can and never come back. Do you understand that?" Mommy estrella held my wrist and looked me intently at my eyes, "That is a Vergara's child you're carrying!"

I don't know what made them loathe the Vergara's so much that even being in a room with a Vergara is like a sin.

"Don't worry, mom. I won't tell zone and his family," I gently pulled my wrist away from her. She still looks so shocked and I don't wanna say something further. Pagod na akong mag-salita kung mag-aaway lang kami. I am indeed a disgrace to this family and I can never change that anymore.

"I won't tell a word about this to your dad and you do the same," she said and left. I was taken aback when she said that. In fact, I was ready for my father's wrath.

I still have many plans in my life but this is the turning point in which I also have to change all my plans from the start to include the life in my womb. If I have to be bruised to protect what's inside me then be it. I may not be a perfect daughter, friend or sibling but this is a chance for me to be a mother to my unborn child.

Isang putok ng baril ang gumising sa akin mula sa mahimbing kong pag-tulog.

My heartbeat was racing so fast as I head down our stairs without my slippers.

"Dad!" My breath hitched when I saw him outside our garden with a bruised face and blood all over his body, "Help!" I screamed even though no one would help us because we have no guards and maids at all.

My eyes were blurry but I saw a group of men quickly went into their car. I held dad as he was unconscious and tried to lift him up but he was so heavy!

"Volverán de nuevo," With blurry eyes, I turned around and saw two men in a black suit with a gun on their hands.

But what surprised me the most is Zone sitting on the grass with bruises on his face.