Kabanata 22

Dress rehearsal

"Hey babe," He kissed me on my cheek as soon as he sat beside me.

"What took you so long?" I asked him and crossed my arms in front of him.

He kissed me on my forehead and looked at me apologetically.

"The intramurals are near, hectic na ang sched namin para sa practice," he said and licked his lips, "Don't miss me too much, we always see each other after our practice,"

I jokingly hit him on his shoulders.

"You've got too much air in your head. Why would I miss you when we always meet in my condo?"

"Let's do it in my condo next time, hm?" He grinned at me flirtatiously before stealing a kiss on my lips.

"Ouch! Why did you hit me?"

I looked up and the bitches are already here.

"There's too much ants in your uniform. Saan ka bang butas nanggaling?" Byron said and sat in front of us.

"I hate you," corynn said and rolled his eyes at byron.

"Same, bitch,"

"Oh, Hi Rovee. So, is your friend single now?" Tinukod ni byron ang dalawang kamay sa kanyang ulo at tumingin sa katabi kong si Rovee Serag which is my boyfriend.

We've been together since last month after a week of ghosting zone.

Yes, I ghosted him.

He tried to contact me several times but I blocked him on all my social media accounts and changed my number.

Ofcourse, he'll go to my main condo and my own condo but I bought another unit where he would not know and couldn't go, so Rovee and I could do wonders around our body.

Rovee's sweet and moreno but he's the cousin of Nathalie and Nepthalie.

He's kind unlike his cousins so I gave him a shot.

I was on my way to the auditorium when I saw Zone and his team coming my way.

I held on the gatorade tightly and turned my back to them when Rovee faced me.

"Babe, you're–"

"I'm h-hungry, let's go to the cafeteria," I said and smiled awkwardly.

I heard their steps coming towards us so I held unto Rovee's arms and tried to pulled him away but he greeted one of the volleyball players at our back.

Fuck.

"Babe?" Nanatili akong nakatalikod sakanila kahit alam kong nasa likod ko na talaga sila at nasa harap na ni Rovee.

"Well, I see that your girlfriend here is shy," I sighed as I heard his voice again after a month.

My throat went dry.

I shut my eyes tightly as I felt Zone's eyes pierced through me.

Rovee chuckled and the rest of them excused themselves as they have practice to attend to.

I waited for them to pass behind me and urged myself not to glance at zone.

"Why did you do that?" Rovee asked as we were walking to the auditorium.

"Do what?" I asked and gave him the gatorade.

"Turn your back at them?" Rovee then drank the gatorade and wiped his sweat.

"Uh...nothing, It's just...uhm, I'm n-not in the mood to talk," I said and hopefully he would accept my reason.

He nodded and it seemed that he was convinced of my answer.