12.

Byakuya chose to keep it to himself. The thought of Y/n L/n being the mastermind didn't sound right to him. It made his heart hurt. As much as he hated her, he knew she wasn't the type to do this.

Why did this hurt him so much? He hadn't seen Y/n since elementary school. He sighed and put the notepad away, falling asleep in his bed.

The L/n girl woke up to see that no one had been murdered. Although, no one could be found. She rose an eyebrow but chose not to say anything about it. She wasn't going to out her friends like that. Junko entered the room with some food, grinning.

"Gotcha some grub!" It seemed to be just mash and gravy. She didn't complain. It had been days since she ate. At least, it felt like days. Being trapped in a room with multiple TVs and only Monokuma announcements, time went by strange.

"So, I've got the juiciest idea for the next motive!" Junko gushed, spoon-feeding her prisoner. She didn't wait for an answer and instead told her outright, "10 million dollars! I just know that one of them is gonna be out for that 10 mil! My money is on Celeste."

The h/c was unresponsive but Junko didn't care. She continued to spoon-feed her whilst talking about the ideas she has for Celestia's execution.

Y/n hated the thought of another murder taking place but she knew that there was a chance that someone was willing to do it for cash.

Junko left her in the room alone again once she had finished feeding her. She'd learnt to stay unresponsive in times like these. She didn't want to come to terms with anything. She just wanted to leave. To see her friends. To see him.

But it seems like they didn't even know each other. She could only theorise that Junko had something to do with their amnesia. And she could only imagine that Junko chose to keep one classmate prisoner so they could watch their friends perish and inflict despair upon them.

Their days went on calmly. It made Y/n feel... reassured. It gave her hope. But, of course, all good things must come to an end. She watched Celeste's plan unfold. She watched Ishimaru, the first classmate she had ever spoken to in Hope's Peak, be murdered. He then watched the rest of the plan unfold. Hifumi passed in the lap of Aoi. Her heart hurt.

Junko was right. Celeste folded. Her analysis had always been on point. She knew her classmates too well. This time when she watched the murders, she had that same boring look.

She was getting bored. She was predicting everything. She watched her retreat into the Monokuma door and her friends investigate.

They figured out that it was Celeste by a slip of the tongue. She watched her beloved classmate accept her demise and perish by the front of a fire truck. It seemed as if Junko was getting bored by the second. Alas, the fourth floor was opened, which meant more TVs were turned on. She watched them explore the next day and heard the doorknob of the room she was in make a noise. Someone was on the other side.

"HELP! HELP ME! PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE!" She screamed in a desperate attempt to get out. The person on the other side of the door stopped moving the doorknob and spoke up.

"Wh-Who is that?!" It was Makoto.

"MY NAME IS Y/N L/N! I'VE BEEN STUCK HERE FOR DAYS WATCHING YOU ALL GO THROUGH THIS!"

He seemed to be panicking as he tried to get the door open but to no avail; it wouldn't budge.

"I-I'll get some help!"

"THANK Y- MPH!" Her mouth was covered. With muffled screams, she was dragged into the Monokuma control room. The door shut behind her as she looked around at all of the buttons and controls. Her heart thumped against her rib cage as she saw a Monokuma who was being controlled by Junko appear.