04

"You saw him, again?"

"Yes, I did! But they told me I was just tired"

I and Jackson started talking during our lunch break in the school canteen about what happened last night.

When I texted him, he couldn't respond because he was already asleep, I panicked as I needed him immediately, my fear of the dark didn't let me sleep at all.

He's been trying to reassure me since we started eating until now, going back to our classroom for the next lesson.

If I have to be honest, anger and frustration pervaded my whole body, my eyebrows furrowed unconsciously, and kept on trembling till I finally realized how this situation actually bothered me.

I may be overreacting, getting mad at something which I also don't know if it's true or not, still, the only thought of my closest friends and family not believing me makes me feel unfair.

"Come on Y/n let's go home" Jackson says shaking a little on my shoulder "Get up sleepyhead"

What he didn't know is that I was already awakened, just resting with my eyes closed to relieve stress.

"You can go, Jackson, I'll stay here a little bit more" I answer now looking at him from below, his beautiful features emphasized by the light above him, even his flaws look gorgeous.

"Ok, but before come here" he sighs before speaking up, offering his hand to me as I gracefully grab it standing up on my feet.

He looks at me with his usual honey gaze and slowly pulls me in for a warm hug that melts every single muscle of my body.

"Be careful and text me when you get back" his hot breath hits my neck as he sweetly whispers, me feeling some type of way.

I just nod after he let go off of my body, I bite on my lower lip trying to suppress my smile.

Him leaving the room, I find myself alone, immediately rushing to the window waiting for him to appear in the long path outside which takes to the exit of the school.

There he is, walking down the street, his rucksack hanging down his right shoulder swinging a little bit from side to side, me not wanting him to disappear into the darkness.

I waited a little bit more before finally standing up and going out of school, mentally preparing for my long walk at home, feeling kind of happy knowing that I don't have to go to work on Saturday.

Before stepping out and surpassing the large gate that separates the common street to my university, I take a deep breath in, preparing the camera on my phone and starting recording a video of my homecoming.

I actually find it a little awkward, but it's the only way to find the truth, if people really think that it is my imagination, I will prove to them and also myself that during these years, I've always been right.

Keeping up with marching, I suddenly hear some noises behind me, mixed emotions inside my chest, fear and excitement as I'm about to finally find out the reality of things.

I forget about the camera rolling as soon as I hear a dog barking, some seconds of pure pain hitting my stomach and tears already forming in my eyes.

I reach the animal's call and widen my eyes as I see the same white-furred pet that has been hunting me in my dreams.

Without thinking about it twice, I run, trying to contain my shouts and laments, the footsteps getting closer and faster.

I slow down due to tiredness and sensing the presence of the chaser right behind me, nothing pops up in my mind, when I instinctively turn around and stick out the camera toward the mysterious person's direction.