09

"Congratulations Y/n" the voice is accompanied by some clapping sounds, me still looking at those luxurious shoes, which make me feel on a lower level than the person in front of me.

That's the voice, I have no doubt.

I'm too sure, that it almost feels impossible to hear it after more than a year.

"Seokjin sunbaenim..." I whisper, my eyes still shining from the previous emotional moment with my teacher, his bright smile and handsome face didn't change at all.

"You finally made it! I just wanted to congratulate you on finally getting your degree. You've waited so long for this" his rosy perfume makes me feel like I'm fluctuating, so delicate but meaningful at the same time.

"Thank you sunbaenim" I whisper, still not believing his amazing presence.

"Are you busy right now? I just wanted to offer you something as a present for finally finishing your bachelor's program"

"Oh, no, I'm not busy right now" my dumbfounded face and my opened mouth make me almost look like an idiot, him still used to see me like this as I've always flattered and thought of him as a god even in the past.

He has something different respect the other sunbaes, he was the first one to get his doctoral degree, he's been in a very long relationship with all his friends and always been loyal, he's now the boss of a well-known company.

"Let's go eat lunch together, shall we? It's on me!" he proposes walking out of the school, me waddling behind him like a little kid that just encountered his favorite celebrity.

"I'm glad to hear that you got the maximum marks even this year! I've always known that you could make it Y/n!"

"Yeah, I had lots of breakdowns, but I managed to keep going, hoping for a better future" embarrassed I scratch the back of my neck and look away. "What about the company? You're very popular these days!"

"Oh, we're doing pretty good, thanks! Yoongi just finally terminated his doctoral program, Namjoon and Hoseok will also end the next semester and Jisoo studied hard during this year, in order to attend all of the remaining exams as fast as possible and also finish her study with the doctoral degree within a few months."

My mouth drops, dazzled by the willpower of my sunbaenims, I'm forced to lick a drop of saliva that is about to fall out of my lower lip.

"The rest of the guys are doing great. Your friend Jennie and Taehyung became best friends a few months ago and-"

"What?!" I shout, grabbing the attention of all the people present in the restaurant. Immediately compose myself, and join the palms of my hands together apologizing for the fuss.

"I knew you would react like that. We also didn't expect that, until they both came to my office and confessed that they've been helping each other out, becoming very close friends. They still argue over small things, but as soon as their eyes meet, they burst out laughing."

Laughing about my friend, it almost seems like I didn't waste two years apart from them, especially talking to Seokjin sunbaenim.

"The others are just fine, no fights, everyone is still in their friendship, also the other girls are happy for your graduation."

"That's great! It's actually a pleasure meeting you again Seokjin! You know, my boss just retired and I find myself jobless. I was hoping to find a company similar to yours, so I actually wanted to ask you for some advice, to win some CEO's heart. I wanted to try for JYP or maybe YG, what do you think?"

My hopes are high, knowing that the magnificent person in front of me will surely help me with finding a new company. He has the biggest one, seats all occupied, everybody wants to work for him, but it is impossible, as he already has the maximum and perfect number of employees.

"You know how I actually wanted to work with you guys, but considering that I can't, I wanted to ask you if you may know some companies similar to yours and-"

"Y/n stop"

My smile immediately drops, me still trying to figure out what just happened there.

"I mean, of course I'll help you with your research" he continues, me more confused than ever. "But not before I offer you my bid."

"What are you talking about? Is there already a company that you know which is looking for a new empolee?" I ask, trying to anticipate the answer.

"Yes there actually is" he coldly says, me totally not caring about his tone, looking forward to the company's name.

"Which one is it? I hope it is YG. I've heard some good stuff about that one and I'm really excited to talk with the CEO and-"

"My company" he suddenly interrupts me, making me freeze on my spot. "Bih Hit. I personally want you to work for me Y/n"

Still a little bit shocked, I try to process what Seokjin sunbaenim just said, suppressing my smile right after understanding his will.

"A secretary position has become available and as soon as I've heard about the disposal, I immediately thought about you Y/n."

Focusing on not stuttering, I try to formulate a proper sentence, but nothing comes out of my mouth.

"A few months ago Jungkook's secretary left because they did not get along pretty well, so I told him not to hire anyone else and just work alone until you graduated. He said that it was ok, as long as you learn everything properly"

My dream job, my dream company, working in the same building as my closest friends. That's what I've always wanted, starting from two years ago when I found myself completely alone due to the huge age gap with my friends.

I suffered a lot because of this, acknowledging during this period of time that it will never become my occupation.

Now, this is the last opportunity that's left to me.

"I accept"