Unintended Consequences

The next morning the warm sunshine illuminated the bedroom and woke us from our forced slumber. Tangled in the sheets our naked bodies were laying on either side of the bed.

As soon as Jeongguk's eyes opened, he crawled over to my side to pull me tightly into his embrace. Gently kissing my forehead, my eyes opened to see a concerned look on his face. What caught me off guard was the sudden change to his appearance which must happened while we were sleeping.

"What happened to us last night? All I remember was the full moon caused us both to double over in pain. I tried to reach over to you but everything went black as soon as I touched you."

"No fucking idea, but the more pressing question is what the hell happened to your hair Koo?"

Sitting up in the bed, my hands went straight to his hair trying to comprehend what I was seeing. His short jet-black hair had not only grown overnight to length it was earlier in the year but was now a dark silver color.

I grabbed my phone and turned the camera in selfie mode. Looking at his reflection, Jeongguk just stared at my phone screen. He was obviously at an utter loss for words.

"I was bummed I missed out on seeing your long Butter era hair but didn't expect it to see it this quickly." I sheepishly smiled trying to make him feel better.

Unfortunately, my attempt at humor wasn't any help. Instead of responding to my comment, his hands went straight to his hair. Brushing his fingers through his now long hair, he sat there trying to comprehend what was going on with his body.

After a couple moments of silence, he turned to look at my snow white hair. It had remained the same color for the past three months.

He stayed silent while analyzing the messy locks laying on top of my shoulder. Gently caressing the curled tips, he went back and forth looking at his reflection and then back at my hair.

"Everything okay Koo?"

"Both of our hair colors now matches the fur color of our wolves."

He paused temporarily lost in thought.

"I wonder if this is connected to the legend, only thing that makes sense. Our bond, meeting each other in the dreamworld, the wolves, and now this..." He pondered while motioning to our uniquely colored hair.

Something snapped inside me, I had heard murmurs of "legend" surrounding BTS many different times but not once did anyone come clean to me explaining what they meant. I was tired of hearing that term with no explanation.

"Jeon Jeongguk, what in the hell are you talking about? What fucking legend are you talking about?"

Before I could press him further, we were interrupted by his phone ringing. Declining the call from Jimin, he was about to respond to me before it immediately began to ring again, now from Tae.

At the same time, text alert came on mine.

Jin - I don't care if you are in a compromising position, tell Jeongguk to answer his damn phone. It's an emergency.

Attached was a picture of a moon tattoo that was now on Jin's ribcage. It was the identical in size, shape, and location to mine and JK's.

"Fuck Kook, something is going on. Answer the phone, I just got scolded by Seokjin. You have to see this photo he sent as well."

Showing him Jin's matching tattoo, his typical Jungshook look expression took over. He was visibly freaked out. His phone rang once again, but this time it was the leader of BTS, Kim Namjoon. Namjoon was not the person you sent to voicemail. When he called, you answered. Jeongguk learned this the hard way at a very young age.