Red; Pt 1

Halloween was always a time that Ed enjoyed most.   There was something about dressing up as someone or something else that ignited a spark within him, and you found it adorable how excited he’d get shuffling through costumes, smiling ear-to-ear.  

The funniest part about the wholething was that it wasn’t even Halloween, but it was just after the Grammy’s,and since his losses you’d promised that the night would be special.  

Earlier in the day, the two of you spent the morning eating breakfast in one of his favorite cafés.  It was a small place, well tucked away from most of civilization, but they had great food and a staff that you both knew well due to visiting so often.  

He brought it up then once you each finished your meals, and before he did, you could see it in his face that he wanted to say something, but he just continued smirking at you.

"Spill it," you said, after the tension in the air between you began to thicken.  

"Okay don’t laugh," he started, lowering his voice while he glanced over his shoulder, being sure there wasn’t anyone but you in earshot, "but remember when you said we could do anything I wanted tonight?"

A smile inched over your mouth as you shrugged, “vaguely,” you teased, “why? Do you have an idea?”

His cheeks flooded as he rubbed the side of his nose, checking again to be sure no one was around before he spat the words, “I was thinking we could try role playing.”

You straightened up in your seat, fighting to hide the smile twitching at the corners of your mouth.  After a quick glance over your own shoulder, you turned back toward Ed, seeing him anxiously awaiting your response.

"Are you being serious right now?"

With flushed cheeks and piercing blue eyes shooting through you he nodded his head.

You gave it a quick thought, finding it funny that he’d never brought it up in the past, but you figured you were willing to try.  

"Okay," you shrugged, and he fidgeted in his chair, just before the waitress came over and delivered the check.  

Afterward, you both stopped at a party store, the two of you getting laughs out of holding up different costumes and props, Ed’s dirty little mind working up ways to put use to the strangest things.

"How about I’m Darth Vader and you be Princess Leia," he smiled, popping on the heavy jet black helmet before waving his arms around as if he had a light saber.  

"I literally would have nightmares for the rest of my life," you said, watching him struggle to pull the helmet off.

"I’d probably suffocate in there anyway," he laughed, his orange hair fluffing once he plucked it off.  

You crossed your arms, watching him laugh as he shuffled through different costumes, picking up yet another that was obviously out of the question.  

"Babe," he said on the verge of laughter, finding a giant yellow chicken head and settling it over his, "you can’t deny that you’ve always wanted to be fucked by a chicken," he laughed, his voice muffled as he thrust his hips, reaching to grab yours.

You swatted his hands away through bouts of laughter, seeing how ridiculous he looked thrusting in the center of the store with a big chicken head on, his tattooed arms held out as he dry humped the air.

"You’re certifiable," you shook your head, keeping your distance from his rocking hips.

With a throaty laugh he shook his chicken head, scrunching up his shoulders, “or you could be the chicken.”