𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢

( XX );

          ( heartbreaker alert! )

              "IT'S, LIKE, CUSTOM. WRITTEN INTO OUR HERITAGE."

               The day was cold outside. Camp Half-Blood was lit by the eternal flame of its campers, who seemed to be celebrating the richest successes of the quest, not counting numbers of who all came back as if the stakes didn't matter. Nicoletta had fled to the Aphrodite cabin, taking shelter in the comfort and mellowness of a heated shower. She had been scrubbing her skin, knowing there was no muck adhered to her complexion due to her mother's blessing ( which would not leave ) but she felt as if tenfolds of layers caked up over time. But only the real ones were in her mind, secreting memories she wished to forget.

             The cabin owned its abundance of mirrors. Wherever she seemed to be looking, she could see her reflection blinking back. Fearful of what she would discover, Nicoletta looked away, eyes shifting as if she was looking through a prism. A dull grey with her normal, shoulder-length hair. Layers created thermal heat on her neck as she blowdried it.

             All of her siblings were very much into the Christmas spirit, it being the Friday before the worshiped holiday. As the bathroom door creaked open she stepped out, taking the time to actually peer at the decorations hung around the area in the cabin. Pink garland hung from the ceiling, with about three different Christmas trees, all varying in size, spread out across the room with popcorn garlands and beautiful colored lights. One tree, being her favorite, was all white which signaled its lack of authenticity but Nicoletta valued it for it. With pretty pink colored lights illuminating the frosted Christmas tree. Tinsel hung from the pine, not all in clumps like her dad used to do it but spread out which created a beautiful effect.

              There was mistletoe and kissing balls hanging from every doorway ( which Nicoletta found a tad bit weird, seeing as they were all siblings ) but Aphrodite kids were known for their over-exerted friendliness. If they even ended up under the doorstep together they would just hug, or give an enthusiastic pat, celebrating the fact that they were all together; safe for the holidays.

              Everyone, except for maybe Drew Tanaka.

               She had been stuck at the entryway when a cute little eight-year-old, Darling Monroe, ran through the door. The girl had beautiful coils of dark brown, which decorated her head like a crown. They ran down her back and flew in the wind when she skipped around the camp. And Nicoletta couldn't have been more excited to have the little girl as a sibling.

             You see, Drew didn't want to hug Darling which caused some minor discrepancies in the cabin.

             It was also Drew who instigated Nicoletta to the family tradition.