𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐨

XXI;

( vampires footprints )

( content warning;
kissing/first base (ig?))

      THIS TIME IT WAS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT. Nicoletta was not going to let her emotions get the best of her, regardless of how much she wanted to lash out and put a lovesick spell on anyone and everyone in her vicinity just so they could feel an inkling of what was happening to her heart. It was almost like someone was tap dancing on her chest and it hurt.

       Nicoletta had plenty of childhood crushes in her life, it practically comes with the territory of being a child of Aphrodite, yet none compared to whatever the fuck happened to her pulse when Percy Jackson was near her, it was maddening really.

       But this time was going to be different. Instead of punishing others for the practiced torture Percy put her under, she was going to try and help. What's the point of having emotional manipulation and not putting it to good use?

     All dressed up in woe, she wrapped her arms around herself and headed over to cabin nine. Nicoletta plastered a smile onto her almost picture perfect face and walked to the cabin with brick walls and smokestacks. The Hephaestus cabin was practically the oxymoron for the Aphrodite cabin. Instead of marble pillars there were forges, instead of its pink door and carnations decorating the stained glass windows there were gears around the entrance.

      Nicoletta steeled herself and raised her fist to the door. If the Hephaestus children were anything like their father with his grumpy disposition she needed to prepare herself.

      After she knocked, the steel door slowly opened, revealing its shiny metal walls and metal slated doors. The cabin was filled with junk, just like Hephaestus' Junkyard for the Gods. She shook that depressing memory out of her head and cleared her throat, hoping to grab someone's attention.

     Her efforts weren't in vain, though. Jake Mason, a brown haired genius with a blowtorch lifted his welding mask, looking pleasantly surprised to see Nicoletta in the doorway.

     "What are you doing in a place like this?" Jake gestured to the overflowing workbench placed by the wall adorned with weaponry.

      Nicoletta let out a nervous little laugh. "I'm actually looking for Beckendorf. Do you know where he is?"

    Jake brought her to the Camp Forge. The sound of fire cracking intimidated the Hades out of her, she refused to go in, inevitably forcing Jake to go in and fetch Beckendorf for her.

     After five minutes of mindlessly kicking a stone, Charles Beckendorf came out of the forges smelling like smoke with a confused look on his face. He didn't seem irritated that she had came to bother him, though. That's what she liked about Beckendorf, he was the most down to earth, sensible person she knew, which made him perfect for her sister, Silena, since she was almost, on all accounts, the exact opposite.