𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐞

XXII;

( xoxo💋 )

( xoxo💋 )

AFTER VISITING PERCY'S MOM, we were all in Times Square. Nicoletta wished she could say she was perfectly fine with meeting Rachel Elizabeth Dare ( was it a crime to not say her full name every you mentioned the girl? ) for the second time, but Percy had a plan, and she trusted him with her life.

Not only that, Theodore had been all over her, something Percy had definitely noticed, so at least she wasn't the only one uncomfortable with this entire situation.

They found RED in front of the Marriot Marquis, and she was painted gold, completely.

Nicoletta thought that if this was a fashion statement, then she had utterly failed. She looked like she'd been touched by King Midas. Rachel was standing like a statue with five other kids all painted metallic, all frozen in different poses while tourists hustled past or stopped to stare. Some threw money at the tarp on the sidewalk.

The sign at Rachel's feet said, urban art for kids, donations appreciated.

They all stood their for, like, five minutes staring at Rachel, but she didn't move, or blink. Celeste was getting tired of it though. She asked Nicoletta, "Was she this weird the last time you met her?"

She just shrugged. "Maybe if we push her over..."

Theodore snorted but Percy just gave Nicoletta a look that said play nice. She blew him a handless kiss in return.

Annabeth, who was annoyed about having to give up her leadership role to Rachel, scoffed when Rachel didn't respond. "Maybe she's deaf too."

Percy just sighed, "Guys. . ." but then a kid in silver walked up from the hotel taxi stand, where he'd been taking a break and took a pose next to Rachel. She unfroze and stepped off the tarp.

"Hey, Percy!" Nicoletta squinted her eyes at her, seeing as Rachel was practically ignoring everyone else's presence and sent goo-goo eyes to her not-boyfriend-but-close-enough. She grabbed his hand to put her stomach at ease. Rachel followed the action and her eyes got a little wider, but other then that she remained unmoved. "Good timing! Let's get some coffee."

They walked down to a place called the Java Moose on West 43rd. Rachelordered an Espresso Extreme, the kind of stuff Grover would like. Theo got a coffee so black she could see her reflection. Annabeth and Percy got fruit smoothies, and then he turned to Nicoletta, "do you want to grab a table? I'll get you your frappe." He grinned at her when she kissed his cheek and nodded, walking over to an empty booth under the stuffed moose.

"So," Rachel spoke when she sat down. "It's Nicole, right? It's been awhile."

Nicoletta smirked and sipped at her vanilla bean Frappuccino Percy handed her. "It's Nicoletta, actually." She leaned her head on Percy's shoulder, ignoring Theodore's heavy expression. "Do you always dress in solely gold?"