Dragon Hunt CHP.5

The first time I ever saw our little vice-commander was back in March before the clearers had reached the 25th floor. The KoB was starting to catch up and they commissioned me to design their uniforms, and right when I was about to refuse, the duo walked by our restaurant, and their commander had told me he intended to recruit the two.

The famous duo of the frontline, getting into a guild? And I got to design their outfits?! Of course, I doubted that would actually happen, but with my tailor spirit ignited, I designed their outfits, although I did make a second one for little Kirito in case he didn't like the white one.

After the 25th floor tragedy, the mood in this world was far from fabulous, but then those two started tearing through with a vengeance, and using nothing less than Ashley's quality gear! Of course, it was a shame to see the little missy so serious all the time, but as the months passed her cute little smile returned, of course saving the brightest for her dark knight.

Now, I've done my fair share of fighting, and I've gone on a few casual hunts with the gals every now and then. I knew that little Asuna was incredibly talented and skilled, but I only ever got to see fragments as to why people were beginning to call her 'The Flash."

Now I know those rumors are a disgrace, as they fail to do her actual abilities justice.

As if a battle goddess had descended upon the field, Asuna and her rapier danced brilliantly in the morning sun, her hair glimmering in the air as she moved faster than the eye could perceive. The 'Earth Dragon' in front of her was one of the toughest enemies to find in this tasteless valley, and yet I couldn't help but feel as if there was genuine fear in its eyes as the shining valkyrie charged towards it.

Slash, thrust, parry, dodge, repeat. Her rapier was a complete blur as she struck at lightning-fast speeds, sending the dragon flying backward. We had been running towards the hidden cave dearest Argo had mentioned earlier for 25 or so minutes now, encountering 5 of these beasts. Although the fights should have taken at least 5-8 minutes, they barely lasted 2 under the assault of our very angry battle maiden.

The 5 of us helped when we could, but now we all just stood by silently as Asuna prepared to charge again, when the dragon began to fly upwards, shaking its head, before charging towards us. Preparing my whip while little Nezha aimed for its wings, we were incredibly surprised by Asuna's orders.

"Liz, take a knee and lift your shield over your head!"

"Wh-ok-okay?!"

With Liz crouching down and supporting her shield with both her arms as she lifted over her head, Asuna did a beautiful backward somersault, landing directly on it. Once the dragon was within 10 meters, her voice echoed throughout the valley.

"Now!"

"Raagh!"

Liz yelled as she put all of her strength to give Asuna a boost, Asuna launched herself towards the dragon before initiating a skill in mid-air, something I still have yet to see other people actually do, other than one, barreling towards the dragon, like a raging comet. Slashing straight through its rush, the dragon came crashing down between the 5 of us, where we finally got the chance to launch our attacks, causing its HP to hit 0, and break apart into crystal fragments.

As well all stood slightly mesmerized by what we had just seen, I had to agree with the barbarian Klein when he mumbled 'Am I even necessary here?' At this rate, Asuna might just be able to scare the floor bosses into submission with those sorts of skills...

Suddenly, a deafening roar shook the valley once more as boulders began to hurl down towards us. Pulling little Nezha out of the way, after a few seconds the tremors settled and we breathed sighs of relief when suddenly a flock of at least a dozen dragons and wyverns began flying towards us. Even Asuna froze for a moment at the large cloud of flyers approached, but she immediately brandished her rapier about to shout something to us, likely to have us retreat, before she suddenly lowered her weapon.