Demon's Sighting CHP.3

"Umm...is this really necessary?"

Looking over the items I had just sent him, Kirito glanced at me skeptically, eyes widening once he saw that I had already changed.

"Well, since our date the other day was interrupted and there's still sometime before our meetup with Yolko, I thought we could have a nice breakfast before we start today's activities."

It was

l 12th, 7:00 AM. Our meeting with Yolko was at 9, so we had a decent amount of time for ourselves. Of course, I wanted to do this to help Kirito relax, but spending time together was always a bonus. My outfit was a pink and grey striped shirt with a black leather vest coupled with a black miniskirt, grey stockings, and pink shoes. Minding Kirito's allergy to 'flashy clothing,' his outfit was a silver-grey shirt, coupled with a similar vest and black pants, along with a necklace to add a bit more vibrance. The final accessory was a silver nickel keychain that attached from his pants to his jacket that I had recently gotten ahold off.

"Come on, get dressed already so we can have some breakfast. I took a peek at the morning menu from the restaurant the other day and there's some stuff I wanna try out."

"...Hah...."

With a pointed sigh, Kirito replaced his usual gear with the clothing I gave him, and after a brief flash of light, I was taken aback by how well it all suited him. While he tended to act aloof, he always seemed mature when he wasn't up to trouble, which granted, didn't happen too often outside of serious circumstances. But now he seemed like a senior student in a university that was always late to class yet somehow had good grades in class.

"Um, what's the chain for?"

"For decoration. Now let's get going!"

Wrapping my arm around his, I noticed that Kirito was still looking at me, deep in thought.

"What's wrong?"

"Ah...just thinking...it looks great on you."

Scratching his cheek out of embarrassment, I felt my ears burn up as I kissed him on his other one and pulled him towards the door.

"And you look incredible. Hm...I wonder what else I could mix and match for you..."

"N-no more fake piercings...please."

"Aw, but the earrings looked great on you!"

"I am not going out with that sort of stuff on."

"...So you'll wear it in private?"

".........Let's get breakfast, I'm starving."

Avoiding my gaze, Kirito took the lead as he opened the door, visible panic beginning to spread across his body. It was cruel, but teasing him like this was one of the best ways to improve his mood. There was absolutely no other underlying reason behind me doing this. None at all.

With a few greetings from the other KoB members, we made our way to the 57th floor where we faced a darkened sky and gloomy atmosphere. Traffic was still low since this floor had become more known for its tourist attractions than its use for grinding, so the restaurant was empty by the time we got to it. Sharing a hearty Mediterranean-style breakfast while talking about random topics, I noticed that some of the female tourists that had begun walking the streets were staring at Kirito through the window. He, of course, was as oblivious as always to this, but since it wasn't his fault, I couldn't particularly blame him. Not to mention-

"Kirito...it's not that I mind but...is there any reason in particular that you enjoy just looking at me?"

I had lost track of the number of times that Kirito would stand silently by and watch over me without my notice or even in moments like these when there was a lull in the conversation. His gaze was full of warmth that made its way into my heart and it had long become a comforting sensation. But it was still a bit embarrassing...