Dragon Hunt CHP.2

As we left Ashely's shop I sent messages to the other sub-commanders to confirm our meetup location and time. Once I got replies and the details of which guild members would be joining the expedition, I couldn't stop the frown from forming on my face, and of course, she noticed immediately.

"Whatz got ya looking down A-chan? Issues with the guild?"

Looking over to my right, one of my oldest and closest friends since coming to this world, Argo, was walking with me towards the frontlines since she also had some information gathering runs in the dungeons the front-runners wouldn't be visiting until later on. I was never opposed to talking with Argo, but considering how they all were early, I would have to be careful with what I say before she starts getting any weird ideas again.

"I just got the party lineup that the other sub-commanders selected for today's scouting battle. It should be the last field boss before we reach the labyrinth, so we're going with 2 full parties, which include the recruits we picked up last month."

"I see, I see... Kibou did give me the mapping data just the other day leading up to that, flying mantis looking thing, ugh gives me the creeps."

"Oh, did you go with him to check it out beforehand?"

"Nope, he just dropped by, gave me the info, and was running about before I could even suggest paying him. Gotta say I am a bit surprised he didn't tell me all of its combat patterns like he normally does."

"You're telling me..."

"Well, I'm sure it'll all be fine with the two of you around. I'll be more impressed if you guys don't end up taking it down today."

Grimacing for a split second at her comment was all she needed to pick up on why I had frowned earlier, giving me one of her usual teasing smirks. Even at my all-girls-school on the other side, I don't think I ever met a girl this talented at reading such minor body language patterns.

"Hoho, I see, I see, so Kibou's not joining you guys today... gotta say, I think that's the first time that's ever happened huh? Don't tell me he's busy taking a mid-day nap or something."

"I wish, he's been running around fighting who knows what and where to raise funds for the guild. Would it kill him to at least send me a message every now and then saying everything is fine, or something?"

"Nyehehehe, why don't you just go ahead and ask him then A-chan? I'm sure Kibou wouldn't mind."

"Mmmm, well... it's just... do you know anyth-"

Seeing her smirk double in size and that shine return to her eyes, I stopped before finishing that question.

"Ahem, never mind. Just because we're part of the same guild doesn't mean I need to know where he is 24/7, and the commander gave him the go-ahead anyway so it's not like it's something overly dangerous anyway..."

"Nyehe, adorable as always A-chan. Well, I'm sure it'll be alright. So... you got any plans for the 4th?"

"Hmm..."

December 4th, 2022. That was the day where the first-floor boss raid took place. After a month had passed and 2000 people died, time had frozen, and I was simply trying to find the best way to die. For most people, the day had become special because it was the first sign of hope that we would one day escape from this world. While I couldn't exactly agree with them since that day also marked the beginning of a split among the clearers that would one day nearly bring its collapse, the day was special to me for a different reason, because while time began flowing again for the rest because we defeated the boss, it began flowing for me again because of...