Christmas Snowdown CHP. 6

"Good morning Asuna, Kirito. How can I help you this fine morning?"

After what was probably the best night's sleep I've ever had since coming here, Kirito and I made our way to the commander's office to submit the proposal before the guild party began. However, between the obvious snickering from my partner beside me and the reason behind it in front of me, I was left speechless. After stepping on Kirito's foot to stop his laughing, I cleared my throat before I tried making sense of why the commander had those on.

"Go-good morning commander... I've come to submit a proposal I had but... would you mind me asking where you got those?"

The commander was seated behind his large mahogany desk swarmed in papers as usual. He was in his usual red robes, but on his face, this time were dark-colored glasses. Shades to be more accurate. As he readjusted them, a rare smile appeared on the commander's face as he folded his hands over the desk.

"Ah, these were a gift from none other than Kirito himself. All the other guild members received them as well. They provided some protection against blinding effects, but their durability is rather low, so they aren't too useful in combat. However, the shading effect they have makes looking through the menu a bit easier on the eyes, although it is better to simply adjust the brightness setting, I thought it would be best to utilize them at least for a little while."

With a look as serious as when we were discussing our plans for fighting a floor boss, I couldn't help but stand there exasperatedly as I looked over to my partner who was responsible for...whatever this was...

"Where did you even get those from?"

"Someone was making them on the lower floors, so I just gathered the mats for them and got a bunch for everyone."

"...Why..."

"Who doesn't like a good set of sunglasses?"

Smirking, Kirito reached into his coat and pulled out an even thicker pair of shades as he placed them on his face. Admittedly, they didn't look bad, but it was a definite downgrade from before. Resisting the urge to uppercut him in the gut, I sighed and reached to pull his sunglasses off, only to realize why his set was thicker than the others.

"Yo-you put two on!?"

"Always need a spare right? Why don't you take that one for yourself?"

How is it that I'm even in love with this moronic side of him...

Sighing for the third time within a minute, I shoved the shades into my inventory before promptly elbowing him in the side and giving him a look so that he would get his act together. Instead, he smiled even brighter which was beginning to cause my ears to heat up when we turned over to the laughing that came from across the room.

"Hahaha, ah it's good to see you two so lively. Now, what was the proposal you wanted to submit, Miss Asuna?"

With the sudden formality, I sensed that the commander had finally gotten serious and straightened up while pulling out the proposal from my inventory, although I sensed that Kirito had relaxed, even more, putting his hands behind his head, just waiting to get out of here as soon as possible. Seriously, I was going to have to teach him proper manners, especially if-

Wait, that's thinking too far ahead, first things first.

"Commander, I believe with the additional recruits and the formation of the 3rd Army, I believe it is time to assign a formal captain to the group and organize our scouting party."

With the upcoming 50th floor, the commander had gone through great lengths to expand our conquering party, adding on an entire party. After two months they had adapted well, and with training from the other party leaders, myself, and even Kirito, everyone believed they were ready to begin venturing out on their own. I was acting as its temporary head, but one of the girls who was a part of the new group, Latvia, had fulfilled all of our requirements and would prove to be an incredible leader in the future.