The 50th Floor CHP. 5

As we finished lining up all of the wagons filled to the brim with the barrels Asuna had found, I glanced up to the fencer who had just finished securing the last one.

"So the plan is for me to become a human torch and light these things off once I get close enough to the mass of mobs down the hill, right?"

"Well, it's probably better if you don't set yourself on fire, but yes. Once we're sure that the cart will hits its mark, we'll set it on fire right as we jump off."

"Wait, we?"

"Well it's not like I'm going to send you off on your own to do this."

"Isn't that a bit-"

Shutting up once her gaze dropped to freezing temperatures, I looked towards the other groups that were making their last minute checks. The various clockwork soldier types that were coming out of the woodworks, well tentworks, were forming a column a bit ahead of the bridge. Asuna's plan was to use these carts as makeshift bombs, having them crash against the column with the oil spreading over them, and setting them all off with the cart I, we, would be riding down. In the chaos, Klein's group was to take out the front guard before rushing over the bridge to help the group on the other side cross, while our group would push towards the central bridge and do the same.

Looking over to the other groups as they gave a thumbs up, I pushed my STR stat to the max as I moved the cart just to the edge of the hill, waiting for Asuna's signal.

"Alright just a little more... everyone, now!"

With the order given, I pushed the cart with all my strength and jumped right beside Asuna as gravity took over the heavy lifting. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the other groups push their respective carts just a few seconds before ours started barreling down towards the army. As our express oil delivery approached its unsuspecting buyers, I sensed some apprehension from Asuna and looked over to her.

"Getting cold feet vice-commander?"

This time however, she didn't give me her usual glare, instead giving me a concerned look.

"Um, I know I came up with this plan...but don't you think you agreed to it too quickly, even when you thought it was just going to be you alone?"

Seeing as we were less than 20 seconds away from having Aincrads first oil spill, this hardly seemed like the time for this sort of conversation, but then again we've talked about our favorite animals during a boss raid before... Grabbing onto her hand and squeezing it, I tried my best to put forth my honest thoughts.

"Even if your plan included me jumping off the edge of Aincrad, I'd still do it in a heartbeat...although I'd probably keep a teleport crystal on hand just in case I mess up while doing it."

"...You really are an idiot, aren't you?"

"Yeah, yeah, I kn-"

Before I could finish my statement, however, I was left inflicted by a confused status as Asuna ambushed me for the second time today. Retreating as quickly as she attacked, she stood up and drew her rapier, looking over to the quickly approaching column of soldiers.

"Get ready to jump Kirito!"

...If this keeps up I'm gonna end up losing it...

Getting off my knees and pulling out one of the torches still lying around in my inventory, I struck its head against the side of the wagon, igniting its flame. Looking over to Asuna, we nodded to one another as she used her rapier to pry the top of a barrel open, letting the greyish oil substance flow onto the floor. Positioning ourselves on the back end of the wagon, we waited until the last minute as the other carts began crashing into the group of around 50 soldiers.