Dragon Hunt CHP.6

"OORRAA"

With an abnormally enthusiastic battle cry, Klein finished off the last of the raptors in our path. Liz was shaking her head alongside Ashley and Argo as he and Nezha high-fived. The idiot beside me was still sulking after I stopped him from joining the fight.

"I could have helped out, you know..."

"Not with your gear in that state, unless you want to switch over to the spare."

"This change of conditions is pretty unfair, you never said anything having to stay in the back."

"Yes, and you should be happy that I don't change the deal any further."

"Is that supposed to be a reference to that famous sci-fi movie?"

"Hm?"

Giving him a questioning look, his eyes bulged before putting on one of his usual cynical smiles.

"We're gonna have to get you up to date on some of the classics once we get out of here."

"Mhm, only after we readjust your priorities."

"Hey, I prioritize things just fine."

"Sure you do Mr. Dragon Rider"

"Oi Asuna, Ky! We're moving on up, how much further!?"

Opening up his menu, Kirito switched over to his map as he zoomed in on a quest marker that was right by us.

"Just a bit more, take the next right and you'll see a massive pillar, that's where the hidden entrance is!"

Giving a thumbs-up, Liz, Klein, and Argo took up the front guard while Nezha and Ashely traveled behind them. Kirito and I were taking up the rear a bit away from them.

It was 10:00 AM now, and we had been traveling for about half an hour to find Kirito's mystery NPC. We've only had 4 encounters so far including this one, but he's been pouting the entire time as I held him back from fighting. Although none of us said it, we all had an idea of how worn out he was, so the other 5 immediately agreed that he should stick to the rear as I acted as his babysitter.

Now that we were out of the inner area, the mob's difficulty decreased significantly, so the other 5 didn't need any help in any of the encounters, and a relaxed mood took hold of the group as we all started idly talking about current events or listening to Kirito talk about the info he picked up about the valley.

"So Kibou, how much am I gonna have to owe ya for all the quest details?"

"Eh, I'll write it on a memo and pass it to ya once we get back to town. Just clear my tab and we'll call it even."

"Oh mighty generous of ya Kibou, but you know that's not how I do business. I got a code to keep ya know?"

"Ooh, acting like the honorable samurai now are ya? Well, I got something I want you to look into, I'll pass you the details along with the quest info."

"Oi, I heard that sarcasm from over here Kiritard! Don't you go disgracing my good name!"

"Says the guy who spent how much on the gambling tournament last week?"

"Ugh!"

As everyone laughed between the two's banter, I remembered that the 'reason' Klein had joined us today was to clear up a debt to Ashely after he failed to get an item from a gambling tournament a while ago. But why did Kirito need a rare item from the lower floors if he's been so focused on clearing out the quest on this floor? Unless...

"Say, Kirito, is this quest actually a campaign quest?"

"Hm? Yeah actually, how did you figure that out?"