Alpha Pact - 1

Cora punched her brother repeatedly in the elevator trying to wake him up. "Derek!" She punched him again and yelled. "Derek wake up!" She hurried the scurrying footsteps of Stiles, he entered the elevator and took over for Cora, he got three angry punches in, before Derek woke up, grabbing Stiles fist, stopping him from hitting him again. 

Derek looked around breathlessly, letting Stiles go. The last thing he remembered was trying to fight Jennifer off with Andrea. Andrea. "Where are they?" 

"Jennifer? Gone." Stiles answered, "with Scott's mom." 

"And Aunt Andrea." Cora added. Derek looked at them shocked. "She took them?" The teens nodded. "Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay?" Coras eyes went wide. 

"So, we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here--" 

Cora helped her brother up. "What about Isabelle?" 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"You see the twins?" Nathan asked as they pulled up to the hospital again. Isaac shook his head. "No." 

Peter began to growl, looking out the window. "No...but I see the Argents." Argent and Allison were hidden behind an ambulance, when they saw the car they began to walk over. Isabelle leaned in to Peter, she had woken up not long ago. "You might want to get out of here." She whispered. The argents would probably not like seeing Peter again. Especially with their history. 

"Not to bring up uncomfortable memories," Isaac said from the front seat, directed at Peter, it was directed at Peter. "But wasn't the last time you saw them the time you killed Kate and then they burned you alive? Hmm?" Isaac turned around for an answer and he was stunned to see the door open and Peter no longer next to Isabelle. She waved. 

Everyone got out of the car, except Isabelle. "Where are the others?" Allison asked as she and her father approached. 

Nathan and Isaac shrugged. "We don't know-- Scott, Stiles and Cora went back for Derek, Andrea and Jennifer. I had to get Isabelle and Isaac out." 

Derek's car rolled up and he got out with Cora. "Where's Scott and Stiles?" Allison asked. 
"Stiles is still at the hospital." spoke Derek as he walked over. "He's gonna hold off the cops for us. We have to go right now." Derek walked to the silver Toyota and scooped up Isabelle, she clung to his shirt. 

"Where's Andrea?" Nathan asked Derek when we noticed his wife wasn't with him. "What about Scott and Melissa?" Argent asked as well. 

Derek sighed as he placed Isabelle in the backseat of his own car. "Jennifer took Melissa-" he looked between Isabelle and Nathan. "And Andrea." 

Isabelles eyes went wide and she began to panic. "What? She has mom!" 

"Where's Scott?" Allison asked. Cora looked uncomfortable. "Cora, where is Scott?" 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"She's dying, isn't she?" Isaac said anxious as Isabelle laid in Derek's bed. She was asleep, or so they thought. "We don't know." Derek replied. Nathan and Cora had gone out to find some supplies and Deaton, to see if he could help Isabelle. 

"So, what are you gonna do?" 

"I don't know." Isabelle groaned in pain. "Can you stop speaking like I'm not right here?" She said in a raspy voice. 

"Want to figure something out?" Isaac said tensely. He began to get angry. "Because while Scott, Stiles and Isabelle were out there, trying to help people from being killed, you were in here, rolling around the sheets with the actual killer!" 

"Which is why I asked to be moved upstairs." Isabelle muttered under her breath, staring distastefully at the bedsheets. 

Isaac continued getting mad. "Do you get how many people she's killed? Erica and Boyd are dead. Isabelle is dying. And you are doing nothing!" 

"Stop it." Isabelle rasped, she did not want to hear them yell. The yelling would pound in her head 10 times fold. Isaac ignored her. "Why'd you do this to us, Derek? Was it all about the power? Were you bored?" 

"Stop it Isaac!" Isabelle yelled a little louder, which was a mistake that made her gasp for more breath and pounded in her head. 

"Were you lonely?" Derek sighed. "Maybe." Isabelle reached for her cousin's hands, she knew that wasn't true. "I told Nathan I wouldn't leave. I'll help the others when I figure out how to help her--" 

"There's no time!" Isaac yelled. "The full moon's coming. Your aunt, the Sheriff and Melissa are gonna be dead, so I'm gonna try and help them." Isaac stormed off, Isabelle knew why he was angry, but hearing him actually say the words was harder than she expected. "You can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing." The loft door slammed shut, Isabelle winced at the sound. 

"I wouldn't take it personally." Isabelle looked to find Peter at the staircase, so this is where she had run off to. Peter came down. "Anger is just a tool. He's using it to excuse shifting allegiance from one Alpha to another-- from you to Scott." 

Derek shook his head. "Scott's not an Alpha yet." 

"But he's on his way, isn't he?" Isabelle pursed her lips. He was. 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Nathan watched his daughter sleep, it was the only thing he could do. That and worry. Worry about his daughter, worry about his wife. Deaton had come over late last night to give her something to slow down her symptoms. But other than that there was no cure. Jennifer was nowhere to be found, even after promising to cure Isabelle. 

Neither Stilinski, Melissa or Andrea were anywhere to be found. Scott was nowhere either, after joining Deucalion no one had seen him. Derek and Nathan had already tried to take away her pain, but it didn't work. 

"I've heard it's something only Alphas can do," Peter told the three, referring to the taking away of pain business. "and with good reason." 

Nathan urged him on. "Which is?" 

"You know, normal wolves never abandon an injured member of the pack." Peter said. "They care for it. They bring it food from a kill and then regurgitate it into the mouth of the injured wolf." Cora nodded, she knew that was how actual wolves did it. "They even give it physical and emotional comfort by intensely grooming it. In a way, they can do more than just ease pain-- they can be instrumental in healing their own." 

"If you're trying to tell us how we can save her, just tell me." Derek said irritated. "I'm telling you...I heard it's possible." 

"How?" 

"It's that spark of power that makes you an Alpha. When you take her pain, she draws on the power that provides you with those special gifts:" Peter explained. "The power that heightens your senses, your strength; the power that transforms your body. As an Alpha, you have that bit of extra-- that spark intensifies the color of your eyes from a bright yellow into a searing red." 

"If I can save her--"

"If." Peter pointed out. "If. I didn't say it works every time. It could just as easily kill you." 
"How do I do it?" Derek asked. "By taking her pain?" 

"And then some." They all looked at Isabelle, "Because there's a cost." 

A/N - Hey, guess who is sick? No not Isabelle, well yes but also me. No it's thankfully not Covid or the varients, but unlike Isabelle I really only spent a day in bed before I started getting better.