More bad then good - 2

“Here's where we found the den.” I point to the spot on the map of the tablet. “It's right in the middle of the hiking trails.” 

Allison nods. “Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails.”

The boys and I nodded. Since it was clear Rafeal wouldn’t let us go anywhere near the den anymore, we had to take matters into our own hands.

Nancy managed to get herself on the case, so now that we have two of our own on law enforcement, it’ll definitely help. “But, I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves,”

Which feels personal. What did we ever do? “And they're really smart-- if they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes.” 

“Coyotes tip-toe?” Stiles asked incredulously. 

Allison nods sarcastically.”They tip-toe.” Stiles actually believed her. The bell rings. “I gotta go, but send me the pinned location.” I nodded and quickly did that as we all walked back to our seats. 

I went to my seat, putting my tablet inside my bag. “Kira,” Mr. Yukimura walked down the row and handed his daughter some papers.

“You forgot all the research you did for that boy you like.” I have to clasp my hands over my mouth to stop the loud gasp that escapes from my mouth.

Mr. Yukimura walked back to the front of the class as if he didn’t just totally embarrass his daughter. I looked over my shoulder to see Kira drop her head in embarrassment as she turned to Scott and slowly handed him the papers.

Oh my god. Scott, Scotts the boy she likes! Even Scott looked stunned, getting through the shock as he took the papers from her and thanked her.

“All right, everyone, let's get started!” Mr. Yukimura said at the front of the class. I turned back in my seat, hiding a small impressed smile.

“We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?” 

I raised my hand along with everyone else, but like most teachers, he picked the one kid that didn’t have his hand up. “Mr. Stilinski?” Mr. Yukimura calls on.

“Oh,” Stiles stuttered, sitting up.

“Maybe someone else could...?”

“Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski.” Stiles nods. “Okay.” 

Stiles walked up to the class, standing at the podium at the front of the class. He didn’t look so good and worse I felt my hand start to tremble. Oh no. That is exactly what happened when Erica (god rest her soul) fell from the rock climbing wall, back when she was still human.

Stiles must still be having effects from the events. I looked over my shoulder at Scott, who seemed to have felt what I felt. Stiles anxiety in the air.

“Stiles?” I called, standing up from my seat with Scott. “You okay?” Stiles doesn’t answer, gripping the sides of the podium as he stares down.

Looking overwhelmed by the second. Scott and I rushed to his aid. I grabbed him, he could barely look up. “We should take him to the nurse's office.”

Scott told Mr. Yukimura, who nodded. Scott and I each take one of Stiles arms and lead him away, since it was doubtful he could walk by himself.

We were obviously not taking him to the nurse, instead we divert to the locker room. “Stiles?” Stiles stumbles to the sink, breathing heavily. His nerves grew by the second.

“Look at me,” I grabbed either side of Stiles' face and made him look at me. His nervous eyes were darting everywhere. I hated seeing him like this.

“Is this a panic attack?”

“It's a dream, it's a dream,” Stiles rambled to himself, pulling away from me and looking back at the mirror. “It's just a dream.” Oh god, he thought he was dreaming. Stiles continued to ramble.

Scott and I exchanged glances. How are we supposed to convince him that he wasn’t dreaming?!

Stiles rambles. Scott shook my head. “No, it's not-- this is real. You're here.” I nodded. “You're here with us.”

Stiles unfortunately still didn’t look convinced. I looked at Scott. How, how, how are we going to convince him? 
“Okay, what do you do?” Scott asked, he then clarified himself.

“I mean, like, how do you tell if you're awake or dreaming?”

“Your fingers-- you count your fingers.” Stiles answered. “You have extra fingers in dreams.” Really? I have never noticed that. Scott nods and holds up his hands. If this was the only way to get Stiles to believe he wasn’t in a dream we had to try.  “How many do I have?”

Stiles didn’t look up, his breathing still hitched. “Stiles,” I grabbed him by either side of his face. “Look at Scott okay,” Stiles finally did, “Look at my hands and count with me.” Scott told him, holding out both hands. 

We go one by one counting Scotts fingers, Scott lifting his fingers one by one. And one by one, Stiles' anxiety began to disappear. “What the hell is happening to me?” Stiles asked once he was more calm, he slid against the wall. 

I grabbed his hands, this time he actually looked at me. He was scared, it irradiated off of him. “We'll figure it out.” I told him. “You're going to be okay.” 

“Am I? Are you?” Stiles asked us skeptically. He looked up at Scott. “Scott, you can't transform,” Scott looks down in shame. Feeling like he wasn’t living up to the expectations that come up being an alpha. 

“Isabelle you’re, you’re making things float.”

Even when other people said it, it still didn’t feel real. I still had no idea how I was doing that, or why. Why was this happening to me, to us. Nancy still hasn’t found anything on Dad's biological parents.

At this point, we’ve straight up given up. It was like they didn’t exist. 

Stiles continued. “And I'm straight up losing my mind.” I think we’re all losing our minds, on one thing or the other. 
Stiles sighed and rubs his head.

“We can't do this. We can't-we can't help Malia.” How dare he doubt himself? Doubt us? “We can't help anyone.”

We’ve helped people before, even after we went through some pretty nasty stuff to do so. We’ve always done it. I hated seeing him this way, so down. Stiles is the one with the plan, the one who always tells us we have to figure a way out even when Scott and I feel like absolute crap. The roles cannot, will not, be reversed here. 

“We can try.” Scott said, “We can always try.” It was all we could do. 

Stiles sighed. He didn’t seem so sure.