Anchor - 2

I pulled into the school and stared at the school building. It's been three weeks since what happened. And everything has been normal, at least till a week ago when everything started. I sighed, grabbed my bag, and stepped out of my car. This wasn't going to be any day at school, I knew that.

I met Stiles and as we walked down the steps to the school we found Scott, running down them. Looking at them terrified as he ran away from his shadow. I grabbed him as he ran into us. "Hey!"

Scott looks at us terrified, fear in his eyes. "Hey, you all right?" Stiles asked him as Scott took a step back and a deep breath. "You don't look alright."

Scott shakes his head. "I'm okay." Stiles and I exchanged looks. "No, you're not." Stiles him. He looked from me to Scott. "It's happening to you, two-- you're seeing things, aren't you?"

Scotts eyes go wide in surprise. I blinked once, twice at Stiles. I didn't tell him that. I haven't told anyone about what's been happening at home. "How did you know?" Lydia and Allison come up from behind us. "Because it's happening to all three of you."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Well, well, well..." Lydia mused as she pushed open the school doors and we followed her inside. "Look who's no longer the crazy one." She is loving this.

"We're not crazy!" I exclaimed, and I totally did not miss the way the lights flickered at my little outburst. I pulled my bag closer to me. 

What the hell is wrong with me? Lydia turns to face us

What the hell is wrong with me? Lydia turns to face us. "Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine."

"We did die and come back to life." Scott reminded us. "That's gotta have some side effects, right?" Well, Deaton did say that. But I just thought he meant some little side effects, not these huge side effects that keep happening.

Stiles nods. "We keep an eye on each other, okay?" Scott and I nod. It's a good thing we have most of our classes together. Shouldn't be too hard. "And Lydia?" Lydia looks up. "Stop enjoying this so much."

Lydia pursed her lips, pretending she had no idea what he was talking about. "What?"

I chuckled, shaking my head at her as Scott and I followed after Stiles. We had History now, which I could actually need. We had a new teacher. We entered the class and reached our seats as our new teacher wrote on the chalkboard. "Morning, everyone." Announce our new history teacher.

"My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous history teacher." He tells us as I pull out my notebook. "My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira?"

I shake my head. Nope. I met him when I was helping mom grade some papers after school. He told me he had a daughter but I still haven't met her. "Or, you might not, since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school...Or brought a friend home, for that matter..." A girl from the back of the class bangs her head on her desk making us all look at her.

"Either way, there she is!"

I smiled a little at the girl who raised her head slowly, she waved awkwardly. I am so glad that I practically grew up in this school, I didn't have to deal with mom embarrassing me like that. She ran out of stories by the time I reached highschool. "Now, let's begin with American history at the turn of the 20th century."

The rest of class went off without a hitch, but I really couldn't focus. Whatever was wrong with me and the boys took most priority in my mind.

"Maybe we need a little more time to get to normal?" I suggested it to the boys at Stiles locker.

Stiles nods in agreement. "Yeah, try not to forget-- we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures." He reminded me and Scott. "There's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal."

He was right, if any of what Deaton said is true nothing will ever be the same. Scott nods. "Yeah." Stiles pulls on his lock, trying to open it.

"I thought you said you wanted to make friends?" questioned Mr. Yukimura to his daughter down the end of the hall. "Not like that!" replied Kira exasperated.

"You said you wanted to be noticed!"

"I could set myself on fire and be noticed!"

"Well, then you'd be dead."

"Exactly." I snickered. She looked over here, or more specifically at Scott who turned away. I wave at the girl. She smiled after a second and waved.

"Oh, dude," Stiles said. "Your eyes!" I looked at Scott, whose eyes were glowing red. My own eyes went wide. "What about them?" Scott asked. Did he not feel the slight change in them?

"They're starting to glow!" I exclaimed as I stepped next to him to keep peering eyes and Kira's eyes away. If anyone saw him, god I can't even imagine it.

"You mean, like, right now?" Scott said, anxious. "Yes, right now!" I exclaimed, I pointed at him. "Scott, stop! Stop it!" My god this is the most stereotypical dog thing I've ever done.

Scott covered his eyes, "I can't-" He strained, closing his eyes shut. "I can't control it."

I nodded and tried to calm my now panicking self. He was still new at this whole Alpha thing. You see, I knew he should have accepted my mom's offer. When he became the alpha she offered to help him with typical Alpha things, she did help train Laura for it. But Scott denied, he said and I quote 'How hard can it be.'

I grabbed him by the neck and pulled him down, making him duck as Stiles and I hurried away with him down the hall. No one really paid attention, thank god. Stiles took over, grabbing Scotts head and I grabbed his hands to keep his claws anyones eye sight.

We hurried into an empty classroom so Scott could try and regain control. Stiles closed the door behind us and shut the blinds. Scott stumbled down, dropped his bag and ripped his jacket off as his fangs and claws extended. "Scott!" Scott fights the growing impulse in the empty class, "Get away from me!"

I dropped my bag and approached him. "Scott-" Like hell we were going to leave him. "It's okay."

Scott panicked, his breathing increased. "I don't know what's going to happen." He yelled at us. "Get back!" Scott drops on his knees, and closes his hands into fists. His claws dig into his palms which seep blood.

I remember the lesson well. "Pain makes you human." I sighed as Stiles and I crouched in front of him. I pulled out an extra shirt I had in my bag and grabbed Scotts hands, cleaning up the blood. "How long has this been happening?" Between this and what we saw this morning, he's been having problems longer than I recently thought.

Scott sighs and sits back. "A while." Stiles looked between the two of us, "Isabelle, Scott," Stiles began. "This isn't just in our heads. This is real." Unfortunately. "And it's starting to get bad for me too. I'm not just having nightmares-- I'm having dreams where I have to literally scream myself awake. And sometimes, I'm not even sure if I'm actually ever waking up."

I look up at him. "What do you mean?"

"You know how you can tell you're dreaming?" I nod. Half the time my dreams consist of fantasy dreams escapes, but now they've become- I don't know what they've become. "You can't read in dreams. More and more, the past few days, I've been having trouble reading. It's like I can't see the words-- I can't put the letters in order."

Scott and I look at each other. "Like, even now?"

Stiles nods, he stands and looks at the board. "I can't read a thing."

I let Scott take over cleaning his arms and looked down at my own hands. "There's something going on with me too." The boys looked at me. I sighed, "I've been having nightmares, and when I wake up things are flying in my bedroom."

Stiles frowns, sitting down. "Flying?" I nod. "Flying."