7

Davina's P.o.V
I stormed into Mara's dorm and ran into her room. She looked at me, startled, and dropped her suitcase.

"Davina, are you crazy sneaking up on me like that?", she asked grumpily.

"Less talking, more gas.", I replied dryly.

"Don't talk to me like that, Davina..", she said softly. "After all, I'm older, have some respect."

"Respect has to be earned.", I said bitingly. "Before you tell me what to do, get over yourself and don't push every boy away like that."

"Are we talking about Charles here?", she asked. "I liked our date, maybe it'll really work out...", she muttered.

I kept my poker face, inwardly, however, I was almost sorry. But after all, it was her own fault. I couldn't imagine that he would prefer her to me.

Had she not recognised Charles' sweater on my body? It was very present, after all, since I was only wearing boots and underwear with it, after all, the sweather barely reached over my ass.

"Do you have everything?", I asked dryly instead.

"I think so...", she sighed and wanted to go out.

I pushed her behind me when I heard soft footsteps, which appruptly stopped. I pulled a knife from my knife belt, which I had attached to my thigh. I instructed her to be quiet, inwardly cursing myself for not having my Sig Sauer P226 at hand and my AR-15 assault rifle stored in my car.

I exhaled quietly, letting the Butterlfy knife snap open. I took a second knife, TRC Knives Apocalypse, from my belt and looked at the knife that was left. I instructed my sister to take it, but then wondered if it hadn't been rather stupid. She couldn't do anything with knives, especially not with a Fällkniven SK2 Embla hunting knife.

I slammed the door open and went ahead, having slid the door behind me. I ventured a few steps forward and pushed open the bathroom door.

The figure, it was at the sink and was about to jump towards me. I hurled a knife at the figure, but at the moment of letting go, I heard a familiar voice that distracted me. The knife grazed the stranger and he jumped out in a hiss as he grabbed his arm.

I screamed angrily and knocked over a  bucket before rushing to the window and throwing my second knife at him. But he was too far away and my knife fell to the floor before it got the pleasure of piercing his body.

It was a he. The stature, the voice, a man, or maybe not quite a man yet, more like a younger.. man.

Frustrated, I clenched my hands into fists and punched a mirror with one fist, which shattered and the shards pelted to the floor. I looked hissingly at the shards in the back of my hand and bit my lip angrily.

"Davina, what happened?", he asked.

Charles. Of course.

"Fuck, I almost had him!!! Why the fuck are you interfering!!! He got away from me, I wouldn't have missed him if you hadn't fuckin called for me, what the hell are you doing here?!", I shouted at him and pushed him back angrily.

He grabbed me by the wrists and looked at me calmly while a tear, made out of pure anger, dropped out of my eye.

"What-?!", I snapped at him, trying to wrest my hands from him.

He pulled me to his chest whether I wanted him to or not, he stroked my back and lowered himself to the floor with me where he knelt and held me pressed against him. Gradually I calmed down, my breathing became normal and my body relaxed.

"Davina...", he breathed and placed a kiss on the top of my head. "Let me see your hand."

"I'm fine.", I said softly and withdrew my hand from him.

He gently lifted me up and set me down by the sink before carefully pulling the splinters from my hand and washing the wound out with water.

"Do you have anything to disinfect it with?"

"Vodka. Right cupboard, on top, behind the tissues," I said, holding out my hand.

"This is going to sting...", he said, looking at me apologetically before opening the bottle.

I rolled my eyes, reached for the bottle, opened it and poured the contents over my wound. It burned like fire, but I had been through worse and didn't lead a muscle.

Charles stroked one cheek and gave me a kiss on the forehead and then on the lips.

At that moment a dull sound rang out. Mara was standing in the doorway, she had dropped her suitcase. She stared at us with wide eyes and dropped the knife I had given her. She turned and ran out.

"Bloody hell.", I hissed.

I jumped off the sink and ran after her, collecting my knives from the floor.

"Mara, stop! Don't be so dramatic!", I shouted after her.

She ignored me.

"Stop right there! You are being ridiculous!", I tried again and came closer to her.

Still there was no response.

"Stop, fucking stop!", I shouted and threw my knives just beside her.

Immediately she stopped as if rooted to the spot and slowly turned to face me. I cringed inwardly when I caught sight of her. Her eyes were red and filled with tears, which trickled down her cheek. Her lower lip was quivering und her Body was shaking.

I had broken Mara. Well fuck.