15

When my alarm clock rang at six in the morning, I looked at Charles, who was still sleeping peacefully. Slowly, I sobbed my way out of my room, biting my lip harder with each step.
I sneaked into the kitchen where my uncle stood in front of the stove and made eggs with bacon.

"Morning.", I said quickly and propped myself up on the counter.

Charles was right. Walking let alone just standing hurt.

"Last night sounded like a lot of fun," he grinned.

"It sure was but thats not something for you to hear.", I said while holding a hand defensively in front of the center of my body.

"He's like my son... Davina... I dare you, don't play with him...", he said seriously.

"It's none of your business...", I furrowed at him, but reconsidered my words and sighed. "I won't play with him..."

"He changes you too... you're usually dogged in what you say...", he said and smiled a tiny bit. "He deserves someone like you who will protect him and let him get close."

I smiled briefly and looked down at his shirt, which I still had on. I grabbed a plate and ate my breakfast before going upstairs to my walk-in closet and putting on something I could go out in. I went for an all-black-mafioso-kinda-thingy.

After that I went in the dogs room and commanded them to go to the door

"Morning Babes", someone said in a smoking hot voice.

"Heyy.", I smiled and gave him a soft kiss.

"So.. what you're up to?", he asked me. "Looks like you are going to kill someone."

Charles put his hands on my hips and pulled me to him.

"I'm going to take the dogs for a walk. Nothing more. It looks like a No-Killing-Needed-Day and it is sunny.", I announced giggling.

I gently stroked his cheekbones and gave him another kiss.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, I'm good.", I smirked. "Go and have breakfast..."

He nodded and followed me downstairs.

"Be careful...", he called after me before the front door slammed behind me.

After a while we arrived at the forest. I was relieved to finally be alone for once. The fresh air flowed into my lungs and seemed to revive me. I smiled briefly and unharnessed the dogs.

"Off you go...", I said to them and pointed into the forest.

One by one, they jumped around excitedly in the forrest, frantically following different tracks.

After a while, the tracking became more tapered and all the dogs followed the same path. Interested and also astonished I stepped next to Mazikeen, who excitedly put up her fur in the neck.

"Maze... what did you find there, huh?", I asked, looking at the ground.

I squinted my eyes more in confusion and squated down next to her.

I dug my fingers into the dry forest floor and put them in front of my face while rubbing my fingers together to figure out the consistency.

Blood.

"Good girl, Mazi...", I said and called all the dogs to me.

I quickly grabbed the collars and leashed the dogs. The blood was not too old. It touched the ground 15 minutes ago, or so I thought.

I clipped all the leashes to my waist belt and drew my gun, which I immediately loaded.

"Behind.", I ordered my dogs, which immediately went behind me as I started to walk forward.

I bit my lip in frustration as I realised that I hadn't put on a bulletproof vest when I left the house.

When I had looked at the surroundings around the blood, I looked up to make sure that none of those wankers were crouching in the trees and stalking me. Slowly, I lowered the gun a little and inhaled deeply.

"Lucifer. Malakai.", I called the two Doberman males forward. "Search.", I ordered them and let them sniff the blood on the ground.

Immediately their noses found themselves on the ground and the two pulled hard on the leash. I ran after them, still trying to hold the gun well enough. After a few minutes the Doberman males stopped abruptly in front of a tree, so I shot into the crown of the tree without aiming. Shortly afterwards a scream rang out and a person fell from the tree in front of my legs.

"What the fuck was that?", I hissed at the hooded man. "Who the fuck are you?!", I shouted and turned him onto his back.

The man bit his lip and grabbed the bullet wound in his stomach.

"You're all going to die.", he hissed.

"Maybe, but you're guaranteed to die before us. Cunt.", I said with a hateful look.

Several times I kicked his ribs with the tip of my shoe and shot into his leg, causing him to cry out again.

"Fucking whore!", he screamed in pain.

I sat down on his chest and squeezed his air supply with my hands. I clenched my teeth and squeezed harder and harder until he closed his eyes, powerless. I pulled out a knife and carved something into his chest.

Never lit a fire if you can't handle the smoke- was now written on his chest.

I had this sentence tattooed on the inside of my forearm a few months ago.
These Priks should know what would happen if they fuck with me or my family.

I looked at my handiwork and then went home satisfied. I walked through the front door and was about to go up the stairs when Charles jumped in my path.

"What's that on your face?", he asked, startled.

"What?", I asked intently.

"Is that blood?!", he said in alarm.

Well, fuck.

"Oh that... I've sent someone to the grave."

"What?", he asked incredulously.

"It was self-defence.", I said dryly, looking at Colin, who had stepped up beside Charles.