28

Noah's P.o.V
I gently put her down and looked at the girl, rather the woman. I had to sigh into myself as I let my gaze glide over her.

I pulled a cartridge out of my pocket, which I had removed from her pistol when she turned her back on me and I almost strangled her. I pushed the cartridge into the lock of the door and hit it with a stone. A firm blow was enough and the door burst open with the explosion in the lock.

Without looking back at the girl, I rushed outside and threw myself with quite a bit of force against the back door of the room, which blew out. Grinning, I ran off, deeper and deeper into the forest.

It was that moment during my sprint through the woods that I knew I would never get to see her again, just like she would never see the amber eyes of her beloved sister again.

I would not be able to call her mine, she would never moan in my ear that she loves me while we were making love. That moment a little part of me broke. We didn't even get the chance to know each other.

Strange what this girl did to me. I didn't think about emotions and that kind of stuff in a long time. But there was no way I would have gone back there. They would have killed me and she made me recognize that life is a short thing and I am able to start over.

No fucking looking back.

Maras P.o.V
Tears welled up in my eyes when I noticed his absence. The bang had woken me up, I got dressed in a flash and ran after him as fast as my body would allow.

After half an hour of just wandering around in the woods, I stopped and looked around.

"Come back!", I shouted into the forest.

I listened to my echo and my subsequent sobbing. I contorted my face, everything hurt.

"Please don't leave me!", I whimpered and settled down in the damp moss.

After a few hours of sitting on the ground crying, I heard a bark and soon felt a cold muzzle against my cheek.

I turned around and looked into the eyes of two beautiful Dobermans.

"Lucifer. Malakai.", I addressed them.

"For fucks sake. Mara.", someone said. "I found her!", Davina shouted from a distance of five meters, leaning against Charles.

"What were you thinking?!", spoke River, who appeared behind her. "We worried sick, we thought that Garcia-Boytoy had taken you as a scourge."

I got up without another word and went after them after receiving a telling off.

Surprisingly, Davina seemed to have been worried. She put her jacket around my shoulders and held the door of the car open for me, which she must have bought new.

 She put her jacket around my shoulders and held the door of the car open for me, which she must have bought new

I sat in the back seat, Charles in the passenger seat. River was there with his own car and drove ahead.

I looked cautiously in the rearview mirror and our eyes met. She said nothing, but I could tell by the look in her eyes how terrible my disappearance must have been.

"Sorry.", I told her.

"You know I am younger than you. And still I am the one to save and protect you.", she started talking. "When Ally died it fuckin broke me. I needed a fuckin break and for once I would have like someone to save me. Without Charles I would have gone mad. You know who did not save me? My sister."

I looked at Charles who put his hand on her thigh. He sighed, it seemed to hurt him to see his future wife like that.

"When things get difficult you back off and leave me, leave us, our family, alone. This was the last fuckin time that you walked out on me. I will drive you to Mom and Dad and that is when our story ends. I will move away and I don't care if you write or phone me. I am fuckin sick of you leaving me!", she screamed at me while driving through the woods.

Timeskip: 1 hour later

I sat on my bed, trying to process what had happend. I looked over at the nightstand and spotted a letter on it. It was probably the farewell letter Allison had written to me. Everyone had received one, she did well to prepare the letters, she probably knew that it was soon going to end with her.

So I started to read the letter. It contained wonderful memories and also a little message to me about how Davina is doing right now. Allison had always been the best with Davina and her feelings. It seemed like she knew exactly what we were going trough.