30

Davina's P.o.V

I was sitting at a small table, eyeing myself and my wedding dress, which I had been wearing for 10 minutes.
It was made of a lot of tulle, covered with beautiful lace. The strapless dress had a larger neckline and reached to the floor.

 The strapless dress had a larger neckline and reached to the floor

I smiled as I heard the music play, I was getting married

I smiled as I heard the music play, I was getting married. I never thought I would get involved in marriage, but I wanted to be with Charles more than ever after all the loss, so we decided to bring the wedding forward.

"You're still missing something old...", said a sweet voice.

I kept silent, I knew exactly who that voice belonged to and I actually thought I made myself clear last time.

"You look really beautiful.", she continued to speak.

"I know." I said.

Slowly, I turned around and faced Mara. She came up to me and smiled warmly at me. Tears stood in her eyes and she sniffled briefly.

"Why are you dressed so beautifully?", I pointed out her blue dress.

She sighed without giving me an answer.

"I'm sorry.", she finally said and indicated a hug.

I hesitated and raised an eyebrow. She had been gone for a month, though I wanted her to be, but she had still never contacted me let alone tried.

Why was she here now, all of a sudden? Why did she want to come back into my life now, on my big day?

We looked at each other in silence for a few seconds before I responded to her embrace. She gave me an old tiara that we had played with a lot as children. My eyes widened, I always played the thief who stole the crown from her, the princess.... she still had it after all these years.

"So in the end, our story does have a happy ending...", she laughed softly.

"I think it's a happy beginning," I smiled.