16

"The dogs were nervous about some sort of smell and it turned out to be fresh blood, so I had Lucifer and Malakai search. They stopped in front of a tree and I fired into it. Next thing I know: Crazy guy fell from the tree.", I said with a grin. "Surprise: this motherfuckin Cunt was not happy about me shooting him of a tree. We exchanged a few words and double-surprise: I killed him", I explained to my uncle.

"I will tell your parents about it.", he said.

I sighed and went upstairs after cleaning the dogs.

"Davina, let me see...", Charles said as I undressed for the shower.

I knew I shouldn't have said anything, now that he knew the story, he worried non-stop.

"Huh?", I asked, turning to him.

"The bruise... he really got you there...", he said, stroking the bruise on my side by my ribs.

"It's not so bad. I have a small dent, he is dead. I think we're even.", I laughed and walked into the shower.

Shortly after I turned on the water, the bathroom door opened and Charls walked in.

"Charles... I'm just in the bathroom. Everything's okay...", I assured him and instructed him to leave me alone.

Sighing, he went out, but left the door ajar. I rolled my eyes as I started to laugh and washed down all the bodywash. After that I dried my body with a towel and jumped into my bed, wearing a bathrobe. I giggled and tried to claim the blanket Charles was lying on. When I saw the expression on his face, I became serious. Sighing, I lay down next to him and enjoyed the warmth radiating from him.

"I'm afraid, Davina.", he said suddenly.

"Of what?", I asked alarmed

"Afraid of loosing you."

I thought about his words for a moment and turned to him. Slowly I swung myself on top of him and spread soft little kisses all over his face. I heard him smile and placed the last kiss on his lips.

"Bad things happen every day, a gang doesn't specifically have to do with that. You understand? The world is not a safe place, but it's a nicer place when I got someone like you by my side.", I said softly.

He sighed and looked like he was moved and scared at the same time. He stroked my hip and wanted to say something, but stopped. He was probably reorganising the words in his head.

"I never want to lose you..you know that...", he began.

I nodded and stroked his cheek.

"Davina Bateman... will you marry me?"

It was quiet for a while. I stared at him and didn't dare to make a sound. He woke me from my stupor with a kiss.

"Y-yes.", I said and hugged him tightly.

He laughed with relief and pulled a ring out of his pocket.

"You have a ring?", I asked, still overwhelmed.

"I got it for you when you were out with the dogs.", he smirked, put it on my ringfinger and kissed my hand.

Could it really be true? We'd known each other for as long as we could remember... but the us only started a little over a week ago.

Could I fall in love so quickly and also decide whether I wanted to spend the rest of my live together with Charles?