26

Noah's P.o.V
I pushed the soup bowl away from me with my foot and closed my eyes, sighing. It had been several hours, it was the middle of the night, and I just couldn't fall asleep.

I wondered why I hadn't strangled her when I had the chance.

I bit my lip and rubbed the palm of my hand over my face. I squinted my eyes and exhaled heavily. I stretched out my legs and put one over the other. Crossing my arms, I tried again to get some sleep.

I didn't want to know what was coming in the next few days. The laceration on my forehead that River had given me the day before was not pleasant. The little and not plentiful food had also weakened me.

I sighed in annoyance as I couldn't fall asleep because of all the thoughts.

I opened my eyes a crack as a click sounded and the door opened a bit. A slender figure slipped through the crack, quickly and silently closing the door behind him. The figure slowly but surely approached the bars and turned on a flashlight. She shone it on me and pushed a plate through the bars. When the plate was on the floor she placed two slices of bread with ham and cheese on it.

I eyed the girl in the dim light. She sat down in front of the bars and put her own plate on her lap.

"You just can't stay away from me, can you?", I grinned.

"It was only well-intentioned.", she said, a little hurt.

"Thank you.", I said.

"You're welcome.", she nodded and smiled a little.

We both started eating, I could feel her eyes on me.
I pushed my plate away from me when I was done and looked towards her, to which she looked away and quickly continued eating.

"Why are you here?", I finally asked.

"I don't want to go home." she said, pushing her food away.

"Because you don't want to sleep or because you don't want to be confronted?", I asked more specifically.

She sighed and leaned her forehead going the bars. She looked to me after a few seconds as I slid back against the wall and leaned in.

"What scheme do you want me to put you in?"

"What?", I ask in amazement.

"What scheme do you want me to put you in? You said yesterday that you're only in a gang for 3 reasons and.... well I'm in a gang too, more or less, and I don't know which scheme I belong to. So... which one do you belong to?"

She gently stroked the back of her neck, where her skin would surely be very soft. She was nervous, playing with her hands and hair.

"I guess I don't have anyone to disappoint, and having chicks fighting over your dick isn't bad either.", I admitted honestly, but somewhat jokingly.

"If I come into your place.... will you do something to me?", she asked quietly.

"Seems like you'll have to find out yourself."

The lock clicked and she locked it behind her. She put the key in her back pocket to her cell phone.

"Do you want me to have a look at the wound on your head?", she asked.

"I took a shower 5 minutes ago, it should not be a problem."

"But the water down here is cold", she said shocked.

I didn't answer her. I liked to take a cold shower. I was glad I even had the oppertunity to take a showe, I was a prisoner after all.

A little later, she slid next to me and leaned against the wall.

"What are you thinking about?", I asked with a sigh.

This girl was interesting. She was looking for closeness and acceptance, she trusted me, which was probably the biggest mistake of her life. She trusted me well enough to sit down next to me.

"About nothing, I think... I don't want to be alone."

I had to grin to myself as a thought occurred to me. I put a hand on her thigh, whereupon she dropped the flashlight, startled. I bent down to her and grabbed her other thigh so I could pull her onto my lap. The flashlight lit up the room a bit, from which I could see her startled face.

"You don't want to be alone," I repeated her words.

She swallowed and looked at me from wide open eyes as I stroked the soft skin on her thighs in circular motions with my thumb. Her knee-length skirt I had already pushed up.