18

Allison's P.o.V.

I looked at Kai, who had been talking to my family outside the door of my room. He looked at me apologetically.

"Kai...?", I asked.

The terrible pain in my bones had not disappeared, but I perceived it a little more subdued now. I could now breathe reasonably normal. My body was weak and I didn't even try to move much.

"Hi, little one...", he said dejectedly.

We looked at the door, which opened briefly and Colin came in. He pushed the door shut behind him but I heard a sob.

What was wrong with me? Was it that bad?

"Hey Kiddo...", Colin sighed and smiled gently at me.

"Hi...", I breathed. "So, what got me so knocked out?", I asked, smirking a tiny bit.

"Ally... you have...", began Kai.

He ran his hand over his face and took a deep breath. He had had tears in his eyes all along, now they decided to leak out of his eyes and run down his cheeks. His face was flushed and his breathing became irregular.

"Kai...", I whispered. "It's okay... sit down..."

"No. It's not okay at all!", he said desperately.

I looked at Colin, who was sitting next to me on the bed. He ran his hand through his hair and held my hand. Drops of sweat formed on his forehead and tears came to his eyes too.

"Ally...", Colin began. "Does the term leukaemia mean anything to you...?", he asked cautiously.

"What stage?", I asked instead.

"Third stage...", he said quietly.

I nodded and took a breath. I hugged Colin, who hugged me back, visibly astonished.

"Will you get the others, please?", I asked.

"Of course.", Kai spoke and opened the door.

All my family members came in.

"Baby...", my mother cried. "I'm so sorry, I would take everything from you, if it was possible my darling...", she whispered crying as she hugged me.

I looked around the room. I didn't want them all to be so sad. I refused to see my loved ones like this.

"I'd like to go home...", I said firmly.

"But don't you want to try radiation?", asked Mara tearfully.

"Ally. You'll try, you'll beat him.", Davina said. "I won't let you just give in like that."

She looked tough, but inside that command was a bitter plea.

"I'm in stage three, Davina," I sighed. "This is like the final stage, it's just too impossible to be healed here...", I sighed.

"No. No, Allison. Dammit, I'm not going to let you give up on yourself!", she shouted at me angrily.

"Maybe I've lived long enough. God has a plan for all of us."

I looked at her calmly and looked around again. It was suddenly so quiet. Perhaps, after all, my death would be an occasion to develop a faith. I was the only one who truly believed in God and maybe I was meant for something greater. Maybe God was going to take me.

"Let the child decide for herself.", River said, putting a hand on my father's shoulder.

"Have you lost your mind?", cried Davina. "Are you all completely deranged?!"

She kicked over one of the armchairs and was about to hit the wall with her fist. I saw it as if in slow motion. Her fist was intercepted by someone. He pulled her to his chest, she resisted and was taken outside by him.

"Ally, damn it! Don't you give up!!!", I heard her scream before she was completely out of the room.

"So you're going to give up?", my father asked, wiping away a tear. "This is not how we raised you."

"I'm not giving up, I didn't start fighting. I don't want to end up being a pile of misery. Even if I survive, I would have to fear for the rest of my life, if and when the cancer comes back.", I explained.

"But what if you survive? What if it didn't come back?", my mother breathed.

A sudden loud crash was heard from the next room. A piece of furniture had either been knocked over or destroyed. Davina. A female voice could be heard shouting angrily. Definitely Davina.

"No I won't calm down!!!", she was heard muffled through the wall. "Get the fuck off me!!!", she screamed.

Then suddenly it was quiet.

"Well, I suggest you helping me out of here. And please congratulate Davina on her engagement.", I said, sitting up with difficulty.

Everyone looked at me in shock. When I sat up, Kai took the infusion and removed the vein flown from the crook of my arm. Meanwhile he looked at me sadly. I hugged him, he needed it more than me right now. They all needed it more than I did.

They were all afraid of death, but death was just a next life after all. I would watch over them all, just from another place. I would dare a next adventure, not on this earth, but God wanted to take me to Him or Herself, why resist?