12

Davina's P.o.V

I felt Charles pull his hand away from me as he looked around in wonder.

It was the house where my mother and her mother, Lucy, my Grandma, grew up. Kai didn't live here anymore, he only had contact with Mum and Colin and that really rarely. He opened a hospital 25 minutes from here and bought an apartment there.

I sighed and looked at my parents who were standing in front of the kitchen counter looking at the house security system on a laptop.

"Your sisters and we are sleeping in the villa next door.", my mother informed me. "Grandpa knows you'll be better off here than in the hustle and bustle of our place.", she added.

River knew me well.

"Doesn't mean you're on your own though, Colin has to stay here for the alarm and to get you more time in case of emergency.", Nick, my dad, said.

"I'll be vigilant, you can count on me.", I told him in a firm voice.

"We know that, but you never know what these motherfuckers planed.", Mum said, pulling my dad out of the house.

I sighed and rolled my eyes before taking my luggage upstairs. My grandma and my mum already lived in this room, but I immediately rearranged it when I knew that this could be my second home one day.

"Wow, that's cute.", Charles sighed.

"Never tought, that I would need it

"Never tought, that I would need it..", I told him in a quiet voice, as I looked the room up and down. "I want my own place, you know?"

"I have one. Not that great. You need to pay for everything on your own.", he laughed.

I gave him a grin and rolled my eyes on him.

"How are the puppies you wished for last Christmas?", he asked me, noticing the silence.

"Colin brought them there an hour ago, they are in the garden."

"You can't hear them..."

"They have no reason to be loud.", I said, shrugging my shoulders.

I went to the window and looked intently into the garden. Charles stepped next to me and looked at me, startled.

"They've grown discreetly.", he noted with wide eyes.

"But only discreetly.", I repeated to him with a grin.

"Who helped you train them?", he asked.

"Colin.", I said. "But I had enough experience already, so most of the time I just brought him in to train for individual commands."

He nodded and looked at the dogs in the garden, who had now noticed us and were looking at me, tail wagging.

"Door.", I gave them a command, as they always came into the house at night and it was already nine o'clock in the evening.

"You still need to tell me their names, you know?", Charles smiled und took my hand.

"Of course I will introduce you..", I laughed and went down with him.

"Hi boys and girls!", I said happily, when the dogs got in and licked my hands. "Sooo this is Hades... Careful, he drools but he is a great cuddler.", I said and gave the American Mastiff a pet next to the ear.

"This is Mazikeen, she is absolutely adorable but she will literally rip anyone apart when I tell her to, so you'd better not fuck me up

"This is Mazikeen, she is absolutely adorable but she will literally rip anyone apart when I tell her to, so you'd better not fuck me up.", I joked around as I got to the Malenois.

", I joked around as I got to the Malenois

"These two are Malakai and Lucifer.", I told him, when I came to the Doberman males. "They are sceptical so try to not pet them within the two next days, they don't bite but as I said.. they are curious and sceptical with strangers"

"Last but not least, we have this little cutie here

"Last but not least, we have this little cutie here. She is named Delta and she already is a very attentive, grounded but also excited dog...", I said when I gave the Cane Corso a kiss on the head.

", I said when I gave the Cane Corso a kiss on the head

"She is a little... small?", he said with an exaggerated pitch in his voice.

"We got her five months ago, she is not a pup from Christmas.", I laughed and stroked her gently.

"Five dogs, huh?", he asked breathtaken.

"Yup. But I've still got some time for you, though.", I told him and gave him a kiss.

"As long as they don't interrupt us while sexytime I will love them as if they were my children.", he grinned, lay his hands on my waist and pulled me close to him, so he could kiss and hug me. "Davina Bateman, I love..", he made a break. "I love how you smile about things that make you happy..", he continued.