Chapter 17: Path Beyond The Cold

The group marched forth. They were in a mountain high above ground, it was hard to see what's below them and some didn't even bother looking down as they were really high up at the moment.

Elliott: "So why did we climb an ENTIRE DAMN MOUNTAIN!?"

Elliott shouted those words at the top of his lungs. Loud enough to hear an echo saying the very same words only a bit quieter.

Jay: "Heh, echo."

Voxle turns to Elliott with a serious face... Well they only had their eyes displayed on their visor but its enough to tell they're serious.

Elliott's phone vibrates in his pocket so he takes it out but it slips out of his paws. Before it falls off the mountain he quickly catches and lets out a sigh.

Elliott: "Phew I almost dropped my pho- WOAH!"

Elliott did a big mistake, he looked down. He was snapped out of it by Voxle who pulled him away from the edge.

Elliott: "Thanks. Can we just leave this mountain?"

Voxle looks at Elliott and points their claw to his phone.

Voxle [Message]: "We came up this mountain to look for a road. According to the map there should be road leading to it but since we entered the country in the wrong direction it might be hard to find that road. Also please don't shout, scream, or make any loud noises or vibrations. You could cause an avalanche. No pressure."

Elliott: "Sorry and thanks. Now I'm pressured."

Voxle shakes his head in disappointment and looks back at the edge.

Zyphon: "Hey uh we ran out of sticks for torches so might wanna hurry before we freeze to death."

Zyphon said as they throw away a charred stick. Jay hands Zyphon a stick wrapped in leaves, held together with a loose thread he cut off from his clothes.

Zyphon: "Sorry, present tense. We're running out of flammable sticks. Thanks."

He lights the makeshift torch with a flick of a claw, creating a small fire.

Jay: "Welcome."

-Null POV-

After speaking with Xero and fixing my tail, I looked back at the far away bridge. If I could follow the road back to where I last saw my target I could just use my tracking skills to get to them. I check the skies only to see clouds and nothing else but a bright ball of light, the sun.

Null: "Enough time wasting. Even though I have time being my power source."

I kneel down and get ready to run, like a predator ready to pounce at their prey. I took an unneeded deep breath and looked where I needed to go. I get up and started running.

Only to crash myself into a wall.

Null: "W-What?"

I looked behind me and saw my afterimage of where I was. I looked down at the ground I "ran" through and it was lightly scorched with small green sparks. I looked at my legs and get paw shocked by the same green sparks of energy.

Null: "Okay, interesting. Seems like I can do much more than just rewind time just to fix myself."

I looked up and saw that I was at the foot of the bridge. I saw the crack I created assuming that the bridge was made of cement. I climbed up to see a furry looking around.

Null: "I have to be careful now. They must have sent groups to look for me."

I clinged on to the side of the bridge and climbed sideways to reach the other side. I reached a fork in the road and hid in a nearby bush. I tap the side of my visor's small screens and saw several afterimages of me, creating a path of where I came from leading up to here.