When the sun rises

[This was a story I had to write for school. Kinda confusing, but I'm really proud of this one, so I just changed the names and voila, wattpad story. Inspired by the song Anarchy, by egg]
.
.
.

When Ranboo saw the box in the window, he knew he had to buy it. 
That antique store was pretty crowded. A bunch of discs in that corner, a pile of junk in the closet, an old radio, playing some 50’s music.
The box layed there, unaffected by the chaos that ruled the store.
The teen stepped in and heard a “ding” from above him. The green, heavy door had a bell attached to it. 
Then, an old woman came from behind the counter. Ranboo held onto his backpack tightly, and he adjusted his sunglasses so they wouldn’t fall. He also kept his skateboard close. He didn’t want to break anything.
That old woman was kinda intimidating. The tall, lanky boy met her eyes. 
She smelled of cigarettes and her eyes were glossy, as if she could see ghosts. 
 She looked almost magic, in some way. 
He was scared to move, so, from his spot, he told her he wanted the box from the window.
The old lady moved painfully slowly towards said box. Her movements were so calculated and precise, she looked almost like a sly fox approaching its prey.
-Why do you want the box?- She had asked.
He didn’t know how to reply. Why did he want the box, really?
-It just… caught my eye.- He said.
-Oh well.- And the only thing heard after that was the radio. Sometimes someone singing, sometimes just static. 
Ranboo moved to the counter, and searched through his bag for his wallet. His glasses almost fell off. 
He heard another song pop up on the radio, even though he didn’t care about it.
He slid the cash on the counter and took the box, putting it in his backpack. The lady gave him the key, and with her cold, skeleton hands, she gave him a slow handshake. 
He didn’t want to talk, so he just went out of the shop and greeted the lady, walking out with a satisfying “ding”. 
He put his skateboard on the ground, and took off towards the nearest park.
He wanted to open the box. He had a strange feeling about it. 
He put on his earbuds and started playing his playlist on Spotify. 
Ranboo got lost in thought. When he realised where he was, he quickly stopped skating. He was at the park, almost automatically. 
The wind blew strongly, signaling the day was ending. 
The sun was still shining on the horizon.
‘Perfect’ He thought.
The sky, the leaves and his hoodie all shared one similarity:
They were all a yellowish, brownish colour.
It was an autumn afternoon, he didn’t expect less.
A new song came up on his playlist. One of his favorite songs, actually: “I want to be with you” by Chloe Moriondo. He started vibing to the song, but then he felt… something strange. 
His backpack was shaking slightly, and he could feel the vibration. At first, he thought it was his phone. Maybe someone was calling him, but he realised his phone was in his pocket, so that couldn’t be it. 
The teen sat down, between a few bushes and flowers, and took off his backpack. 
With the music still playing in the background, he opened his bag to see what was causing the vibration. He found, at the bottom of it all, the box he had just bought. 
He paused the music and took the box out, impatiently. The old lady had given him the key, so he took it. 
He closed his eyes, suddenly incredibly nervous, and breathed in and out. In and out. 
Once he calmed down, he put the key in the lock, and hesitated.
Why was he so nervous? What could go wrong? It’s just a shaking, creepy looking box. 
What’s the worst thing that could happen?
With a click, the box unlocked. 
Ranboo took a step back, and carefully opened the box.
It was empty. 
Ranboo laughed at himself. He was so stupid, Why would there be something in it? He got scared of nothing. He was about to close the box, when he noticed something at the bottom. Something that wasn’t there before. A singular piece of paper. 
The tall kid took it and unfolded it.
It simply had the words “Boo!” written on it.
Was this some kind of joke? Who would even make such a silly prank, what a waste of time!
The paper got hot in his hands. Strange. 
It started to hurt, and he was confused. Then he saw smoke.
What? How??
It started brunig him, and for a second he thought he saw flames. 
Then the flames were real.
He panicked and got up, as the fire grew bigger and bigger, the smoke clouding his vision.  He took off his sunglasses, in a desperate move to see clearly again. 
The fire grew bigger and stronger until it made a silhouette. 
In between coughs, he opened his eyes, and there they stood.
-Boo!- They said. 
Ranboo’s first reaction was to scream. In front of him was a kid that had just “appeared” from the flames of the box.
He was too confused to notice the box was gone. Only ashes, and the kid, remained in its place. 
-Hello there! I’m Tubbo, and you are?- The nonbinary kid asked.
-I’m R..Ranboo- He mumbled.
Tubbo had strange, mesmerizing eyes. They were wearing a big, oversized sweater, and had bandaids all over their face. They were also wearing mismatched rollerblades. One was yellow, and full of flower patterns and the other one was white, with a picture of a bee. 
With no questions asked, nor answered, the two started chatting, as the sun started to set.
He unpaused the music, and the two started jamming to the songs. 
They decided to leave the park, and explore the city landscape. 
The two skated together, laughing, racing and playing. Enjoying eachothers company.
The two stopped to catch their breaths and out of the blue, Tubbo asked:
-Have you ever died before?- 
Ranboo shrugged. 
-No, I haven’t, have you?- 
-Yeah. I’ve died twice now.-
Ranboo´s only thought was to hug them, so he did just that. 
-What if earth just got tired of spinning? What would we do?-
-I don’t know.-
The two kids, sitting on the cold concrete side-walk, talked for hours on end about the apocalypse. The night was dark, but calm. 
The stars shined above them, both teens relaxing, and enjoying their time together
-I wouldn’t mind the apocalypse, if you were with me. We could go pick flowers, even though they’d be withering-
-If you came with me during the apocalypse, i’d sing to you to mask the sound of missils breaking up the ground- The nonbinary kid said.
They smiled, and Ranboo smiled back. The end of the world seemed nice. 
They were running out of time, and Tubbo knew it. 
Ranboo felt sleepy.
They had been laughing all night, and now the clock was ticking. The sun was gonna rise soon, and then it would be over. Everything would end when the sun shined. 
-Ranboo, I..-
-Shhh. Listen to the stars..-
The teens fell into a comfortable silence, only interrupted by the soft songs that played on Ranboo’s phone. The moon was almost gone.
Tubbo took something from their pocket, and they put it on Ranboo’s palm. 
Both could see it clearly. 
Tubbo had to leave.
As the sun was starting to rise, a few rays of sunshine could be seen in between the buildings. 
The two stood up, Ranboo standing taller than the other even if they were wearing rollerblades. 
It started to rain, for them and only them, as they cried.
They got their faces wet, yet the pavement was dry.
It suddenly felt colder than ever before, and the teens were shaking. It was cold, but they were not shaken up about that.
It was a sad sight. 
Ranboo opened his palm. Resting there was a beautiful bee ring. 
He put it on, and heard Tubbo whisper something to him. Something important he didn't quite make out. He didn’t understand. 
Tubbo smiled, as Ranboo looked down, to see their face again, smiling back, the tears falling silently. 
The music was drowned out, as he could only concentrate on one thing. 
Tubbo.
Ranboo closed his eyes, treasuring the moments they had, and then breathed. 
When he re-opened his eyes Tubbo was gone. 
He looked down, to his hand. The only thing keeping him company now was the wind. 
The bee ring shined brightly, causing Ranboo to look away, crying. 
He whispered, to no one but himself:
-Who knew the apocalypse could be so lovely?-
And then, he knew how it felt to die. 

The end.