Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Sirius dropped the ingredient and

BOOM

It exploded, and it flew everywhere in the classroom some even going on other people’s faces, most of it just went on other people’s potions which made it a catastrophe.

“Everyone head to your common rooms, we cannot have Double Potions with a classroom like this.” Coughed Professor Slughorn who was approaching Sirius and Arianna now, Arianna was fixing her things already hoping she wouldn’t be part of the trouble Sirius got into. “Except for you Mr. Black for your punishment you are going to clean this classroom up.” As he said that Arianna got her things and was about to leave when,

“I see you were part of this too Ms. Riddle?” The Professor said “Then, you shall help Mr. Black.”

Sirius just grinned very widely while Arianna gaped

“But Professor I wasn’t part of, I was-“Arianna tried to explain but she was cut off

“No buts Ms. Riddle.” Slughorn said and he left the two of them, he seemed very upset “Your brother was an exceptional student, an excellent student he was…” He said to himself which Arianna and Sirius heard.

“Oh great, so much for good first impressions.” Arianna muttered to herself “Trouble on my first day, on the class of my older brother’s best subject.”

“Oh don’t look at it that way,” Sirius said smirking “At least you have it with me. Besides what does your brother have to do with anything? I have two younger siblings here with me and three elder cousins.”

“Whatever,” Arianna said rolling her eyes and getting a mop “It has do to with something because my brother was great at Potions, he was even a member of the Slug Club and now his favourite teacher hates me, first impressions are important you know.” She said mopping up.

“Nah, they aren’t really I got in trouble on my first week here doesn’t matter.” Sirius said leaning on a wall, and Arianna stopped mopping and glared at him.

“Why aren’t you cleaning up? You’re the real reason why the room’s a mess.”

“Well then I’ll just start,” he said and leaned away from the wall he grabbed his wand “Scourgify!”

And the classroom was like a plate in a sink being soaped and washed, after that Sirius cast a spell to dry up the classroom and it was good as new. Arianna just stood there crossing her arms and still glaring at him.

“Okay so now that’s done-“Sirius said happily but stopped when he saw the look on Arianna’s face “Now what?”

“Why’d you do that?” she asked and Sirius looked at her as if she had gone mad

“Well, we’re wizards after all and Sluggy didn’t say anything on how to clean the room.”

“It was obvious he didn’t want us to use magic.”

“Well what’s done is done.” Sirius said beaming

“Whatever.” Arianna said, she got her things and left. As she got outside she was about to head to the Great Lake, since they had an hour ‘til their next class, but Sirius easily caught up with her.

“Hey,” he said standing beside her now “I’m sorry for getting you in trouble on your first day with your brother’s favourite teacher and giving you a bad first impression. I’ll tell him tomorrow that it was my entire fault.” Arianna just stared at him; she didn’t want to say anything to this “Jerk” that got her trouble on her first day. She knew that he was like that to all girls, all the poor girls he played, and all the other people he got into trouble. She didn’t know what to say, she didn’t want to say anything so she just left him standing there. She didn’t want anyone to see her with him most of all his girlfriend.

As Sirius watched her walk off, another girl came,

“Was I seeing things or did Sirius Orion Black III just apologize?” Sirius turned around and saw his little sister Polaris in her Slytherin robes smiling.

“I was not.” Sirius defended

“Oh really?” said Polaris “But I heard ‘I’m sorry for getting you in trouble on your first day with your brother’s favourite teacher and giving you a bad first impression. I’ll tell-‘“But Sirius cut her off

“Okay so you heard, enough Kid.” Sirius laughed

“Hmm she must be one smart girl to turn you down.” Polaris said, and Sirius glared at her which made her change her statement “I meant she isn’t thinking how could she turn down Sirius Black!”

“That’s more like it.” Sirius smirked and put an arm around his sister “So where are you off to kid?” Sirius asked as they walked

“Free period, so I was thinking of heading to the library but-“

“Oh in the name of sweet Circe you are such a Regulus!” Sirius exclaimed laughing “Library? At Free period? You are becoming boring sister.”

“Whatever,” said Polaris rolling her eyes “Why what would you do?”

“Oh nothing I don’t know pull some pranks, hex people there are a lot of choices young one.”

“So you’re suggesting an eleven year old to hex people?” Polaris asked

“Not really just-“ but before Sirius could finish a voice called from behind them “have fun, Oh Merlin”

“Siri!!!!!” the siblings turned around and saw Sirius’ girlfriend Jessica running after them, Polaris rolled her eyes and crossed her arms at the sight of her, Sirius on the other hand too was sort of feeling the same way, he didn’t really like her.

“Hey there Jessica.” Sirius greeted her quite uncomfortably

“Hey Siri, I was thinking we should spend some time together you know we still have an hour before our next class.” She said making circles on Sirius’ chest which made Polaris want to vomit.

“Not now Jessica.” Said Sirius and Jessica turned to see who Sirius had his arm around on

“Fine,” she said and turned to Polaris “And who is this?” she said eyeing Polaris

“Jessica this is my little sister Polaris.”

“Oh,” Jessica said and changed her bitter expression to a pleasant one “It’s so nice to meet you Polaris; I’m your brother’s girlfriend.”

“Not for long.” Polaris muttered, Sirius nudged her and gave her a stare

“Well, I guess I’ll see you later Siri.” And she kissed him and left

“Well, I guess I’ll see you later Siri.” Polaris mimicked Jessica and laughed

“Hey, don’t give her the signs of break up kid,” Sirius scolded his sister “I do that.”

“Fine.”

And they continued walking again,

“Sirius?” Polaris asked

“Yeah?”

“Who was that girl you were talking to earlier? The one I said was smart to turn you down.”

“She’s a new classmate of mine,” Sirius said and he realized he still didn’t got her name only the part that her last name was Riddle, well she doesn’t really seem to like him so maybe this would just be “another Prongs and Evans story” he thought to himself “I don’t really know her name yet, why’d you ask?”

“Nothing, she seems nice I like her.”