Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two

                “Are you sure you’re alright? You could skip you know, we can cover for you.” James asked, for what seemed to be the hundredth time since they woke up. Sirius normally would have rolled his eyes but he just stayed silent as he pulled his cloak on.

                “I personally agree with Prongs, Padfoot.” Remus said “And don’t you think you should get your hand checked at the Hospital Wing? It’s really swollen.”

                “I’m fine.” Sirius finally said “Let’s go.”

                James, Remus and Peter exchanged looks but did so. The four of them then left their dorm and headed down to the common room quietly. Something that even Sirius himself found quite odd.  The silence continued until they reached the Great Hall, the news was out about what happened the night before, so the exes seemed quite happy.

                Sirius ignored them of course; he just headed to their usual places and sat there, just staring blankly at the plate in front of him. James, who watched Sirius, sighed. He put a hand on his best friend’s shoulder and said,

                “I know how it feels Padfoot,” he said “but just stay positive alright?”

                Sirius just nodded and continued staring blankly into space. Remus tried telling him to eat but he just wouldn’t, he didn’t feel like eating. James tried encouraging him too, but it was no use.

                “C’mon Padfoot,” Peter squeaked “Don’t starve yourself.”

                “I’m not hungry.” Sirius said tonelessly, James and Remus sighed. Sirius on the other hand just rested his cheek on his good hand and continued staring at his plate, his friends on the other hand continued eating, a little too fast if you’d ask Sirius. He knew they were hurrying up because they didn’t want him to see her, Sirius didn’t really find the need for this.

                “I can manage you know.” Sirius said as he watched James  practically swallow his food without even chewing, James looked at him with confusion; Sirius rolled his eyes as he looked over to Remus who looked like he too wasn’t chewing his food anymore.

                “I know you guys are trying to hurry up because of me.”Said Sirius, Remus, James and Peter swallowed their food in unison

                “We don’t know what you’re talking about.” Said James “Now are you sure you don’t wanna eat? ‘Cause if you don’t we’d better get going.”

                Sirius sighed

                “Yeah, I’m fine whatever.” He said; the four of them then got up and headed towards the Great Hall’s giant doors just as Lily entered along with Marlene, Alice and Arianna who looked quite… blank. She also looked quite paler than usual, and what hurt Sirius more was that she tore off the charm on her bracelet that he gave her for Christmas.

                “Move it Potter.” Lily hissed glaring daggers at James; Marlene and Alice did the job of glaring at Remus, Sirius and Peter; they made a protective circle around Arianna once they noticed Sirius looking at her.

                “He’s hurt too you know.” James said coldly, Sirius has never seen James act cold to Lily before; so this was quite a surprise. For a moment, Lily looked a bit taken a back but that was gone in a split second.