Prologue

I can feel a cool breeze brushing softly against my face as I closed my eyes and continue walking forward to the edge of the rooftop. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. My soul is empty. I couldn't think of anything else at this point I wish I never existed. I just want to escape this world and the people surrounding me so badly but I can't. I can't imagine leaving my parent behind. Although, they're the reason that I want to be vanished. Before anything, I still want to see them living a better life and have everything they needed.

As I standing at the edge silently I feel my phone vibrating. I took it out from my pocket and look at the caller ID. It was my mom I quietly staring at it for 5 seconds then I drag my thumb across the screen to answer her

"Where the fuck are you?" She yelled through the phone. Before I could say anything she raised her voice again "At this time, you should be home not loitering somewhere"

"Eomma I'm not loitering, just that I had to finish my homework so I stay at the library a little bit late." I countered.

"I don't care about your stupid homework, come home in 10 minutes and cook me something, I'm hungry"

"Yes, I'm coming right now" I said lowly then she hung up the phone.

In about 15 minutes I finally arrived at the house, I took a deep breath before I enter, it is my own house but I get anxiety every time I see this place.

There was an unfamiliar pair of man shoe placed in the doorway, I'm pretty it's not my dad's but I'm about to find out who is it belongs to. I processed to the living room where I heard the giggles coming from. All of the sudden my whole body stiffened when I saw my mom snuggling and kissing with a man, a stranger man on the couch.

Tears shimmering in my eyes and my body becomes weaker, I dropped the textbook that I was holding which startled them. My mom get up and walk towards me in briskly.

"Eomma why?" I said while tears spilling down my cheeks. She roll her eyes back signing she was annoyed

"You're not supposed to be here, go to the kitchen and cook me something"

"Who is him? Why you brought him in the house and where's appa?"

"I don't know where your drunkard father is, probably drunk and fell asleep on the street as usual"  she said carelessly.

"Ah noona should we go somewhere else? Your daughter just ruined the fun, I'm starving let's go find something to eat outside" the man spoke. My watery eyes fixed on him as he approached my mom and hugging her from her back

"Are you gonna cook or not?" She asked and look straight at me.

I shook my head to say no

"Then give me money"

"I don't have any"

"Don't lie to me Y/n"

She shoved me aside and walk out from the living room, when I realized she's going for my room I quickly run after her.

I start crying and begging her to stop but she ignored me and continue searching my room until she found a piggy bank that I hid in my closet

"I don't remembered teach you to be such a hider" She chuckled and proceed to walk pass me but I snatched the piggy bank from her and hug it tightly. "Please eomma don't take it, they're for my tuition next year"

"Don't be such a miser idiot, let me see how much you have in there" She growl while try to take the piggy bank back but I hold it tightly, refused to give it to her. I cry harder as she starts pinching my arm. One of her hand grip on my arm tightly while she use her other hand hitting me everywhere