13| The Zone

"Did anyone ever tell you that you are really good at doing your makeup

"Did anyone ever tell you that you are really good at doing your makeup." Hendricks smiled watching me apply my false eyelashes.

"Thanks." I said applying mascara to the lashes I just applied. My eyes focused on my reflection.

I always go into some type of trance when I do my makeup. I put in a lot of concentration into my make up looks, especially when I'm blending out my eyeshadow.

Hendricks saved enough money to move out of his mom's house and now he was looking for a new place as far away from her as possible. Since our date we have been texting and taking to each other and forming a friendship. I invited him over so he can look at apartments in North Dale area.

"No but seriously how are you so good?" Hendricks watched me completely fascinated from the full beat I did to my face.

"I don't know, I used to watch my mom and sister do their make up. I guess I just picked it up, also I started really young." I answered. "Have you thought about making a YouTube page?" Hendricks asked seriously.

I let out a laugh. "I highly doubt people would want to watch me do my make up." "You would be surprised." "I'm so horrible at technology. I don't know how to edit videos." "Um hello, I have a video production degree, I can edit your videos. How many Instagram followers do yo have?" He asked getting excited. "Uh maybe 2000. I'm not to active when it comes to posting pictures." I said honestly. "We can work on that." Hendricks said with a grin.

He's been opening up more and now I completely see the "gay" side of him.

I tuned Hendricks out and continued to do my makeup. I puckered my lips to apply lipgloss and passed a brush through my hair. I was overdue for a hair treatment.

I started my hair growing journey when I was seventeen. My hair used to barely reach my shoulder, now it to my mid back. I hate the false assumption that black women cannot grow their hair long. I am living proof that if you find what's right for your hair everything will gradually fall into place.

"So what do you say?" Hendricks said beaming his hazel eyes at me. "Wait a minute, you're serious?" I laughed. "Yes, I'm so serious. Sunny you are one of the most gorgeous women I've ever met. When I first saw you at the coffee shop I almost turned straight." Hendricks said running his hand through his dreadlocks.

I rolled my eyes. "Boy please, you turned me down within the first ten minutes." I laughed at the memory. "I did say almost." He winked.

I never really thought about doing a YouTube page. There is a lot of makeup gurus I've watched over the years and I learned a lot from them. I'm pretty confident when it comes to doing my make up but I don't know if I'm confident enough to put a video on the internet where millions of people will judge me.