33| Let Me Finish

"Hello Sunny, it's been so long since I've seen you

"Hello Sunny, it's been so long since I've seen you. You look absolutely stunning." Jared's dad said Mr. Combs beamed when he opened the door for me.

"Hi Mr. Combs." I said politely.

From the look in his face I can tell he was elated to see me standing at his doorstep. I think he made the false assumption that I am going to get back together with his son.

"Where is Jared?" I asked politely. "He's out back. He's been waiting on you." He smiled.

I entered the house and all the memories of the time I spent in this house hit me like a ton of bricks. I was not prepared for the emotions that were plaguing through my body like this. I took a deep breath and put on a brave front. I was nervous beyond all recognition but I had to remain calm.

Jared sent me a long text message last week apologizing for everything that went down in Mexico. He also informed me that he checked Ned for hitting me and he broke up with Valentina. I felt awful for her.

I have to find a way to reach out to her. Although we did not have much interactions, she was very pleasant to me every time.

After I read his text message 100 times, I decided that it was time for us to finally meet up and talk things out. What happened in Mexico was inexcusable and I had to put a stop to all of this once and for all.

I found Jared sitting on the chair facing the pool. He was wearing a black hoodie and black basketball shorts. He looked up and gave me a nervous smile and I walked over to him. Like Logan he still had a bit of bruising on his face.

"How are you?" He asked leaning back in his chair. "I'm good." I answered sitting at the chair beside him.

He was smoking a cigarette. He picked up the habit when we were juniors in high school. As much as I urged him to stop he continued.

We sat in awkward silence for a couple of minutes. I stared forward at the sunset. It was beautiful. Jared and I used to sit at this exact spot every chance we could to watch the sunset. Just when I thought I was going to literally die from all the crazy thoughts in my mind Jared finally broke the silence.

"Look...Sunny. I want to apologize to you." He sighed. "Jared..." "No, let me finish." He sighed. "I broke your heart and you restored yourself back together and found happiness and I really thought I could come in and get you back. I had no right to do that. That's my bad." He tossed his cigarette bud to the side.

"Yeah." I nodded my head.

I didn't have anything else to say. He was right. That's exactly what happened.

"I love you Sunny. I will always love you. I blew it with you and I'm going to have to spend the rest of my life knowing that I fucked up and I lost the one girl I ever really loved because I was being selfish."

"Don't do that Jared." I shook my head. "When you broke up with me I really thought the same thing. I don't want you to go through that. I love you Jared. You know I will always love you but what we had fizzled out." I wiped the forming tears from my eyes. "One day, you will find a girl that will just steal your heart and I will become just a memory." "I don't know about that Sunny." He chuckled. "It happened with me. I would have never guess I would be in a relationship with someone like Logan but here I am." I smiled.