41| Overwhelmed

"Hi honey

"Hi honey." My mom said looking down at Tory.

This is the first time I've ever seen her without any type of make up on and I didn't know how to feel.

Tory held on tightly to the vase of flowers we purchased right before we drove out here. For the first time our mother opted to go to rehab and work for herself. I don't plan on building any type of relationship with her but Tory is different. Even after everything that has happened to her, she still has the heart to forgive our mother.

It makes me feel horrible because I know the poor girl has a world of hurt coming her way if she continues to have any type of hope for our mother.

I promised her that we will visit her at the rehab center she is staying at. I did not want to go but I will do anything for Tory. If she really want to visit our shitty mom, we will visit out shitty mom.

"Here you go." Tory said softly handing our mom the vase of red roses.

"Thank you so much. They are beautiful." She forced a smile.

We walked into her room and she seemed really happy that we both came to see her. I was not buying it for another second. It will only be a matter of time before she ask me for money.

Tory sat on the bed and I leaned against the wall counting the seconds until we could finally leave.

My eyes were on my phone. Marcus just texted me and told me that he spoke to Sunny and told her that I am attending the wedding. I haven't seen the girl since I left her hospital room. As hard as it has been these past three months I decided to give her her space.

I could tell she was overwhelmed with everything that happened to her. I have every intention of getting Sunny back. There's no question about it. As far as when, I don't know the answer to that quite yet.

"So, Logan, I heard you graduated college. What do you have planned next?" My mom asked me nervously.

"I'm looking into taking over dad's business." I answered her with no emotion. "Oh that's great. I'm proud of you." She smiled.

I stared at her for a few seconds. What does she think that statement will do for me. I can care less whether she is proud of me of or not.

"I'm going to step outside." I announced before walking out the bedroom.

I needed to smoke. I don't smoke when I'm around Tory so I left all my weed at home and I'm pretty sure there was no where I would be able to get weed from here.

I dialed Jake's number because I so badly needed someone to talk to. My friendship with Jake has made great strides. I was close with him before but now that he has came out of the closet and identifies as bisexual, we are closer than ever.

It kind of made me feel a little upset that he thought that I would cared that he slept with men. For the record, I don't. I'm not that type of person at all. Love is love. I hope that I never gave him that impression that he could not talk to me about his feelings.