the charming manager | 2

new characters : Han Ki Woon ^ (HYBE's charming sexy manager)

Three years later

SUNGHOON

We patiently waited on the stage for the results and I could see Minkyu getting nervous and anxious. I smiled and pulled him into a side hug, rubbing his shoulder, comforting him.

He looked at me with a soft smile.

"We'll win first place, don't worry."

Just as I said that, the mcs started announcing the scores. I shut out everything and focus on the voice of my boyfriend when I called him last night before the music show.

"Let's go on a date when you win first place."

We have to win. We have to.

"Hyung! We won! We won first place.", Minkyu shook me as I turned to him with wide eyes.

We won? We really won first place? Minkyu hugged me tightly and I suddenly burst into tears and hugged him back.
Jungwon and Sunoo came over to us and we group hugged as we all cried.

I was the first to pull away and accepted the trophy from the mc who happened to be Jay from ENHYPEN. My boyfriend's group.

"Thank yo-Hic!.", I thanked him, hiccuping.

My eyes went wide as I couldn't stop hiccuping. Jay laughed softly and patted my back but I couldn't stop hiccuping.

"I'm so sor-Hic! I don't know why I'm suddenly hic! -cuping."

"It's okay. Just enjoy this win and get some rest with Jake.", he whispered, winking.

Winning first place on Music shows never gets old. As many first place trophies as we got in the past three years, I cherished every single one. The media quickly forgot about what I said to Jake and turned it to a rivalry between ENHYPEN's Jake and HYBE's Sunghoon.

Which was great because no one expects us to even look at each other, let alone date. Luckily, my 'rivalry' with Jake didn't affect our own groups. In fact, my group has been doing better every year. We just won Album of the year last year and we're aiming for artist of the year but of course, we're up against ENHYPEN, as usual. The 'rivalry'. In fact, they won it last year.

I guess the rivalry is sort of real at some point.

The other members were already at the dorm but I sat in the van waiting for Ki woon-hyung to buy chocolate ice cream for Jake as I checked my phone for any texts from Jake and luckily, there was.

jakey <3
congrats on the win, baby. im proud of u <3

jakey <3
i saw u hiccuping, u okay? 🥺

I felt myself smiling and screaming inside. He even saw me hiccuping? He focused on me the whole way. It made my heart flutter.

hoonie is jakey's bf <3
you saw that? ugh, so embarrassing 🚪 🏃

jakey <3
lmao it was cute tho, don't be embarrassed baby boy 😩

I laughed at his choice of emojis. I swear he's so bad at using them. That's what makes him even cuter I guess.

hoonie is jakey's bf <3
u done with your schedule?

jakey <3
more or less 🤷‍♂️ oh, actually, i might be casted on a drama soon so that's that :)