Chapter 30

"Wait!" Maddie yelled as we ran through the empty hallways. We all skidded to a stop at Maddie's outburst and stared at her.

"Do we," She huffed, out of breath. "Principal Nicholson or Lily first?"

We hesitated, torn in two. "Crap," Rachel muttered. "Who should we pick?"

The deranged Lights chose this very moment to make an appearance.

They came in small numbers at first, before gradually multiplying. Screaming and crying out together, their yellow and black eyes were blank and hauntingly empty as they trudged towards us like zombies.

We backed away slowly and traded looks with each other. "Lily," We simultaneously decided before turning tail and running out of the Academy for dear life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ping! The elevator doors open. As soon as there was a reasonably sized gap, Logan squeezed through into Lily's apartment. "Lily? Lily!"

Daww, I aw'd mentally. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic example of a worried and concerned boyfriend.

Well, they weren't together yet. But they'd be a couple soon.

We all followed Logan, only after the doors were fully open. "Lily?" I called out.

Silence.

"Oh God, is she here?" Flynn raked his hands through his hair nervously.

"Maybe. Let's check her room. Not in any pedo or stalker way." Daniel quickly added after seeing all our faces.

I walked over to a door with a gold plague with the words 'Lilith Roberts'.

"Okay...now-" A loud creak sounded from within the room. I froze on the spot.

"What even-" Another creak. Noah walked over and placed both hands on the door knob. "Okay, I'm gonna bust this door down. On the count of 3: 1, 2...3!"

He turned the knob and pushed the door inwards forcefully.

Our jaws dropped open at the sight right in front of our eyes.

Lily was on her bed, her back to us whilst jumping up and down, causing it to creak dangerously, while singing - I mean screaming - the lyrics to Heartbeat Song by Kelly Clarkson.

"THIS IS MY HEARTBEAT SONG AND I'M GONNA PLAY IT, BEEN SO LONG I FORGOT HOW TO TURN IT UP, UP, UP, UP, ALL NIGHT LONG."

She danced her way around to face us, eyes closed. "OH, UP, UP, ALL NIGHT-" She opened her eyes in that instant and saw us standing there dumbfounded, watching her.

Her eyes widened quickly and she literally tore the headphones off her ears. "Wh- how long have you been standing there?!"

I awkwardly spoke up, "Uh...this is my heartbeat song and I'm gonna play it...?"

"Shit," She muttered, before gently dropping the headphones onto the bed. "Hey, what's happening?" She asked 'casually'.

I raised my eyebrows and opened my mouth to speak, but Noah beat me there. "You haven't heard anything?"

She frowned, the previous incident quickly forgotten. "No, about what?"

"Well...all the Lights in the Academy are possessed and the Electrics are next."

She looked baffled. "Huh? Why? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Wait," Rachel stalked foward carefully. "Look at her eyes."