Chapter 46

"So, here we are." Noah whistled lowly as we stepped foot into the busy airport.

There was a short silence as everyone stopped to drink in the sight of all the hustle and bustle in the place.

Well, all of us but Thorne. "Okay, there's no time to waste. Go book the first flight to where you need to go. I hope you all packed your passports."

"Wait a sec..." Flynn dug around in his pocket, his tongue poking out a little from the corner of his lips and his eyes trained upwards in a picture of concentration.

He pulled out a brown leather wallet and flipped it open. "Nope, sorry. Can't do that."

"And why not, Mr Greene?" Thorne tilted his head slightly to the side as he rose his eyebrows.

"Well," He opened his wallet to display its empty contents to us. "As you already know, I'm seventeen, jobless and dependent on my parents for money."

Thorne rolled his eyes. "Noted." He snapped his fingers and rolls of bills appeared in our palms.

My jaw dropped open as I unrolled one of curled money, seeing stacks of hundred dollar bills.

"Adopt me. Now." Rachel half-joked, eyes opened wide.

"Now that that's settled, off you go now. Goodbye children." Thorne shooed us off like we were pesky flies.

"How are we supposed to buy airplane tickets if we don't even know how to get there?" Logan protested.

"Don't you kids have things like phones and...what was that called..." Thorne drummed a finger on his chin before snapping his fingers. "Goggle?"

"...You mean Google?" Maddie raised an eyebrow.

"Yes! That's it!"

"O...kay...then..." Logan made a face.

"But why can't you teleport us there instead of making us fly there?" Daniel questioned.

"It would take too much energy. Plus, I need to teleport the both of us to the Mystique realm." Thorne gestured to me.

"Oh, so I guess we should get a move on?" Lily asked, exchanging glances with the others who nodded.

"Right, so I guess this is goodbye for now." I smiled at them.

"Next time we see each other, we'll be ready to kick some ass." Aurelia declared firmly, a small smirk tugging at her lips.

The corners of Thorne's mouth twitched upwards slightly. "Right you are."

--------------------------------------------------

After saying goodbye to everyone, Thorne and I left the airport. He pulled me aside once we were a safe distance away from the busy airport and public eye to a concealed copse away from the main road and footpaths.

"Right, let's go then." He said, before squeezing his eyes shut, trying to focus. Mumbling something under his breath, his hands lit up with a small bright light that slowly and steadily grew in size.

The orb of light flew out in front of us and spread out in a burst. Within seconds, we were greeted by the sight of a swirling white portal.

"Whoa," I exclaimed in awe. "You've so gotta teach me how to do that."

"And I will. Part of your training, Ms Lovett. Now come." He stepped in front and waved me forward, his eyes never leaving the portal.

He walked a few steps and disappeared into the portal, seemingly sucked into it. I slowly inched forward and gingerly stuck my hand inside, testing it.