Chapter 12

"Movie time!" Rachel sang, flipping on the TV.

"Hold it! How dare you forget the popcorn!" Maddie accused, grabbing the huge bowl from the kitchen.

I leaned back and folded my arms over my head,"Now this is how you spent a Saturday afternoon."

The sound of a door closing made all three heads turn. Aurelia, clad in a black dress with black flats and hair in a side fishtail braid. Light smoky eyes, blood red lips, the usual. She headed out of the apartment without acknowledging us. Again.

"Aurelia, you wanna watch a movie?" Rachel offered.

"I'm busy now." Without another word, she left the apartment.

I furrowed my eyebrows. She's hiding something, I thought, and this is the perfect time to find out what.

"Guys, I need to go somewhere."

"Aww, why?" Maddie groaned.

"Uh...to do...stuff...?" I stammered.

They both raised an eyebrow.

I gave in,"Okay, Aurelia's hiding something and I wanna find out what."

They said nothing, merely glancing at each other, then at me.

Rachel reached out and squeezed my arm gently,"Be careful. Don't get into trouble. Sometimes, you might not like what you find."

I nodded,"I have to at least try."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Aurelia walked down the street, a blank look on her face. But something seemed different somehow. Her eyes...they seemed almost...soft? The usual dark violet had changed into a welcoming and affectionate shade. And her attire...black?

I followed her silently for at least another half hour.

Finally, she stopped outside a house. It was quite cheerful-looking, painted a bright yellow with white trimmings. But it was clearly unoccupied. Over time, ivy had climbed up the walls, forming lush green ladders. The house might have looked welcoming and inviting, but there was a kind of dreary air about it.

Aurelia looking at the house with glazed eyes, seemed wistful, like she was reminiscing about something. She went to the backyard, where grass up till my mid-calf grew. Trees and bushes grew, flowers in full bloom, birds chirping...it seemed like a mini paradise. She headed for a giant oak tree, like it was a humongous beacon waving her over.

Aurelia sat down cross-legged and smiled sadly at the tree. Her mouth started moving and I crept closer to catch her words. "Hey there 'lil sis." Whoa, my eyes grew wide, she has a little sister?

Aurelia continued to talk the oak tree, seemingly unaware of my presence. I scrunched up my nose in confusion. Why is she talking to that tree? And more importantly, where is her sister?

She shifted from her position till she was sat on her side with one arm supporting her and legs sprawled out next to her,"And that time, when we decided to be boys for a day? Wow we were crazy." She laughed, a carefree sound that I had never heard before.

Another hour passed, full of laughs and random topics. Aurelia stood up gracefully and smoothened out her dress, "Well, nice seeing you sis. See you again tomorrow. But, I have one last surprise for you. You'll know what it is in a while."

I scrambled up frantically, knowing Aurelia was preparing to leave soon. I whipped my head around. Oh shit. There was absolutely no place to hide. I could hear Aurelia saying her last goodbyes to the tree. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I ran behind a nearby tree.

Ducking down, I tried to calm down my racing heart and frantically hoped that Aurelia wouldn't find me.

Hearing her footsteps get nearer, I literally stopped breathing altogether. Walk past, walk past, please just go.

The footsteps stopped. My eyes widened. Oh God. It was silent for a while, before the sound came back. I let out a huge silent sigh of relief and looked up towards the sky. Thank you!

I peeked out slowly from the tree, catching sight of a black dress disappearing around a corner.

Mission continuing, I thought. Time to see what this surprise is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there! Long time no see! :) Chappie 12 is up. 13 will follow (Hopefully) soon. I'll put up a cast once all the characters are introduced. Enjoy!